Take Two!

Thorondor

GameInformer's Ben Reeves reviews XCOM 2.
Ars Technica's Rowan Kaiser reviews XCOM 2.
PC Gamer's Christopher Livingston has intel on everything you need to know about XCOM 2 mods here.
Gameplanet's Chris Brown reviews XCOM 2.
GameTrailers's XCOM 2 review is here.
The Escapist's Mike Kayatta reviews XCOM 2.
IGN's Dan Stapleton also reviews XCOM 2 in writing.

I get it, I get it already. Everybody and their mother's uncle get's to review XCOM2 except us. Pitiful, ain't it? :P

- Zombie

Review copies are for pansies. Real XCOM fans pre-order!! paladin.gif

Ehm, preorder is much more expensive than buying a month later, and the game comes when everybody gets it. Review copy does give you an opportunity to write an article before the games comes out and a lot more people find it interesting.

Sadly, my own reviews were very late more often than not... :(

Granted, SV, obviously review copies are sent in advance, yet it all becomes rather moot.

A review embargo prevents anyone from any true advantage and then reviews are released simultaneously in a big glut (as evidenced in the thread) which immediately waters down their relative importance.

Let's face it, nobody is going to say anything particularly distinctive from one another as the reviewers had to blast through the game and hurriedly go about putting something in writing just in time for the embargo lift.

What you get is a signal - in XCOM 2's case essentialy "9/10, must buy!" seems to be the consensus, which is really great news!

Still, no replacement for your own personal experience over time. :cool:

Pre-ordering is expensive? True. From a strictly economic standpoint my advice would be absolutely wait a while.

Yet, there's a very important factor, in fact the only factor to do otherwise - do you want another XCOM?

Do you want to reward Jake Solomon and the team at Firaxis?

::

The game has to make money to justify continuation and maintaning those people's jobs. Realities!

I'm aware that 50% of those naysayers are those who reject fallout by any means other than Fallout 1 & 2 style.

You're goddamn right we do! whistling.gif (/\13 year member of No Mutants Allowed)

Anyway, I was doing some research and I found that the reason why the majority of gaming publishers no longer produce Demos for games is because it can hurt sales. Wonder why that is huh? dntknw.gif Take a WILD guess.

I'm with SV, I can wait until the Ultimate Super Mega Complete version comes out. Oh c'mon Thor, the way 2K nickels and dimes it way with DLC and other useless aesthetics for some of it's games. I don't see Firaxis going out of business or missing a meal anytime soon.

giphy.gif

We need a smiley that "Makes it rain" money, make it so Thor...make it so.

-NoX

https://i65.tinypic.com/xfoym1.jpg

If you are wondering how big is XCOM2: ~31GB.

You're goddamn right we do! Posted Image (/\13 year member of No Mutants Allowed)

Personally I also would love Fallout to return to it's original glory. But I'm not a dick when it goes to making an opinion on what we've got.

https://ec0c5a7f741a6f3bff65-dd07187202f57fa404a8f047da2bcff5.r85.cf1.rackcdn.com/images/42-P_GvLjn96.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

At PC Gamer, John "Beagle" Teasdale informs how to tweak XCOM 2 .ini files for fun and danger here.

::

PC Gamer's Shaun Prescott reports another curiosity as well - XCOM 2 has native Steam Controller support.