Take Two!

Thorondor

Certainly looks apocalyptic. Seems extreme in a way doesn't it? The complete dominance it would take to force the entire world to submit to an alien comprehension in which they would know best and the humans didn't objectify?

Only if their iphones told them otherwise.

All hail our new masters, The Urinal Cake aliens!

-NoX

You know what makes me sad? This stupid money grab. Right now I would like to send an angry NoX mob to Take Two HQ and release it's ever accumulated anger about everything bad related to gaming. Specially EA hatred.

It’s an exciting day for XCOM fans, Commander. We’ve revealed the XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, available for pre-purchase now at $74.99, which includes the full XCOM 2 base game, digital soundtrack and the Reinforcement Pack. But what’s in the Reinforcement Pack? Let’s break it down.

And what does this bloody pack contains. 3 things:

Anarchy’s Children: Rebellion-themed content with more dramatic soldier customizations. Available Spring 2016.

Alien Hunters: New gameplay highlighting an elite alien hunting unit of XCOM as it tracks down “Ruler” aliens, plus a new mission, additional soldier customization options and more powerful weapons and armor. Available Summer 2016.

Shen’s Last Gift: Introduces a brand-new soldier class with unique upgradeable weapons, armor and customization features, as well as an additional narrative-driven mission and map. Available Summer 2016.

Fuck You, Take Two, just Fuck You.

I'm with Silencer on the money grab issue. Though I can hardly blame anyone for taking advantage of people's eagerness to buy instantly and in advance. We as consumers need to become smarter and everything will be just great.

In tune, I'm waiting this one out. But getting it eventually.

When the reboot came out back in October of 2012, I had preordered the collectors edition. However, due to some financial set backs I was forced to cancel it and ended up having to pirate the game. Then once Enemy Within was released, I bought them as a bundle on Steam for what I believe was $30.00 or so. Now keep in mind although I had pirated the game I DID eventually purchase it. Now I don't have the patience to look it up, maybe if one of you want to you can check as to the reason why Firaxis went from releasing the sequel from November to December. I think though, that Firaxis pushed this game back for one of two reasons, maybe both. 1.) They didn't want to compete with The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, which is understandable and many companies have done this in the past. 2.) They pushed back the game to add this DLC as justification for a "deluxe edition". I'm on the fence with this one though, for all we know this "bonus material" was already intended in the original release but then cut it as to sell it at a higher price. This was the practice at one time however, I'm beginning to believe this has become a standard.

Needless to say I'm not all that excited about XCOM 2, when XCOM came out I was blown away (ergo me wanting to get the collectors edition) this new standard of having DLC announced before the base game is released leaves a bad taste in my mouth. There's many reasons why this iteration doesn't excite me but I won't be getting into that in this post. We shouldn't be surprised about the DLC announcement, 2K who owns Firaxis also owns the rights to the Borderlands series. Anyone familiar with this series knows exactly what I mean when it comes to DLC.

-NoX

P.S.

In the reboot, the "Elite Soldier Pack" which was basically aesthetics (hair, colored armor, etc) was actually unlockable via the .INI file. turned.gif I wonder if the same will be true this time around, we shall see.

It's a trap! ;)

I'm with silencer on this one, but it really is a trap of sorts, as it's yet another way to get yourself even more invested in your crew on the field, but just too tempting not to play with.

I mean, think about it this way, SV - you could potentially bring in, say, the squad from Aliens, with Ripley, Hicks, Vasquez, Apone, Bishop, et al, and have them mowing down them xenos under your command.

Or maybe you want to recruit the Predator team, with Dutch, Dillon, Mac, Blain, Poncho, Hawkins.

Add all sorts of weapon mods and attachments and this is a pretty sweet deal all around customization-wise.

::

Beyond that, even, modders are just going to have a real field day with this. :cool: