New XCOM game confirmed?

Hobbes

For now the topic is moved to general game discussion, until our Master of News is certain enough about the idea behind the game. He posted about the game already, yet it is unclear what the game will be at this point. Though you guys at 2K forums make a pretty interesting case about it being XCOM related...

EDIT: Adding the vids 2K posted on their YT channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciUYQWcV_rI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARcPTScfF3U

Is there a reason why no Admin has bothered to include XCOM 2 into the X-COM series? One would assume that this site would at least put up a topic of discussion. I find it hard to believe SC had that much influx of people coming here, when all this site had was a trailer that IGN already posted.

• 5 weeks later...

Forum created! smile.png

In the future, if people would like to petition for a new forum to be added, please, please, please make a post in the Announcements & Feedback forum and I'll get to it when time permits (I check that forum everytime I log in). Or, shoot me a PM. That'll certainly get my attention fast. The only reason I found out about this was through Thorondor. wink.png

Yeah, creating a forum for this should've been on my radar, but it just didn't register for me as there wasn't a ton of topics about this yet.

By the way, I was reading the information about this in the wiki and came across these points

• The aliens established a world government called 'Advent Administration' staffed with human collaborators and their propaganda claims that the aliens had came initially in peace but by engaging the aliens in combat XCOM has caused countless casualties. They also created a holiday called 'Unification Day' to mark the date of their take over of Earth. 12
  • The alien overlords have built megacities where war, poverty, crime and disease are supposedly eradicated, but which only serve as a cover for more sinister plans for humankind. Those cities have been built to attract the human population into them by offering gene therapy4.

Not sure if any of you are familiar with the miniseries V, but it sounds very similar. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. tongue.png

- Zombie

• 2 months later...

Mentally he's older. At least I feel like a kid at times. At all times.

Youngster. I'm almost as old as you.

ALMOST. Go fetch me a pack of cigarettes, boy! wink.png

BTW, I'm mentally preparing to stop smoking. It scares me, but I wanna try again. Not that I smoke a lot - I only smoke when I go out with friends for a beer or four. Kids have never seen me smoke. But when we do go out (it is not as rare as one would hope), I can't refrain.

:checks the topic:

Erm, sorry.