Master of Stardrive

Our war continues. Opteris lose more systems and we even have captured Vulfar system. However we met a little setback vs Draylock. They have diverted their whole fleet against one of my fleets. They would be crushed, but unfortunately this fleet had SVs Mk III. So in the middle of battle I had to retreat because of no ammunition.

075.jpg

This made the Draylock bold enough to attack one of our systems. The two Nooks Mk IV were not enough to stop it, but our ground forces stopped the invasion.

076.jpg

Current status of the galaxy. Although we don't know where the last civilization is, we can guess where Pollops are and strangely they weren't team tagged by Rayleh and Vulfar. Or at least they are holding for themselves.

077.jpg

Our war effort goes smoothly on all fronts. Capturing new planets goes easy. At one point Vulfar managed to take Dello I from me. Don't know why I couldn't notice them. But It wasn't far from our forces to go back and reclaim it.

Draylocks and Opteris also managed to smuggle some troops to one of the planets. But the situation is under control.

Rayleh sent another doomsday fleet. And they did meet their doom on Dello II.

078.jpg

Can't say much since I'm ahead in the videos. In all due time.

Well, looks like AI has read my mind. :D

But as I said, it's no problem for you, Silencer. :) Glad to see all goes well on all fronts.

In Today's episode I start with massive citizen migration. I was thinking that a) Owlwoks are best engineers and I've also wanted to get that bonus of the leader in Sol system. +10% more efficiency per different race. A little risky operation and made Sol system little slow for the time being. Second thing is that the Masters have suddenly appeared and I was afraid that they will target my civilians. Would be very bad. The masters were either way annoying destroying so many frigates. Fortunately I had loads of spare.

Our front is slowly pushing forward. Vulfar lost another system and for now we are holding the offensive in Opteris system.

Few episodes back, we have encountered derelict ship with some aliens. After successful operation, we've got a location of their origin. And it's time to investigate this strange planet named LV-426.

079.jpg

The mission has two objectives. First the soldiers need to battle outpost drones and reach their IFF console and blow it up. The drones then will be under our control. When this is done our soldiers need to kill the aliens and their queen.

080.jpg

The success yielded some points in bio research. Not that much in current stage of the game, but hey we could have our revenge on LV-426.

In other news, we have captured the Homeworld of the Opteris.

All right, we reached the point, where everything is clear. The AI does not have enough power to stop my advanced. So let it end now

A while ago we have gained the ability to build Titan size ships, so let us utilize this knowledge:

Mr Nook Prime Mk 1. All about energy weapons - though later I've realized that his energy regeneration is little too low.

082.jpg

Space Voyager Prime Mk 1. In addition to heavy kinetic weapons, SV now stores few squadrons of fighters.

083.jpg

Silencer Mk 1. A little of everything.

084.jpg

The Hauler - This is my rather experiment. I wanted to have a constant supply of ammo for SV and rest, with this ordinance teleporatation thing and high amount of ammo regeneration. That ordinance teleporter either didn't work or I did something wrong. Not that the fleet will be any weaker because of this, but it's effectiveness might be little less than expected.

085.jpg

Anyway our road to victory begins now, as we close the loop around the necks of Opteris, Draylock and Vulfar.

086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

And then, they were gone. Opteris and Draylock annihilated at the same moment and Vulfar followed them shortly after.

089.jpg

090.jpg

The end is just around the corner, now it's time to crush everyone and everything in our path.

And our tools have also reached their max potential. Now properly designed, they will bring doom and sadness to everyone.

Mr. Nook Prime Mk II

091.jpg

Space Voyager Prime Mk II

093.jpg

Silencer Mk II.

092.jpg

I've ditched The Hauler it was useless.

We knew they were there, but finally when conquering Rayleh we met the Pollops. But unfortunately for them, we aren't looking for new friends.

095.jpg

Also between conquering the Ralyeh, we have stopped by at Krazy Eddy emporium and bought a lot of stuff to research. Not many interesting stuff, but pretty good alternative for other technologies. Too bad it costs so much at the beginning.

097.jpg

098.jpg

099.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

But enough with the little things. Time to finish the Rayleh.

096.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

And then last stand of Pollops. Their fleet didn't stand a chance.

110.jpg

111.jpg

So now we are declared the winners. Don't know how they score you, but one thing is wrong. I'm playing on the highest difficulty - can't cramp it up.

112.jpg

But wait there is more, a bonus round. Time to visit the big daddy of the Masters - Master of Orion II. Bring it. He can't match against Nooks and SVs.

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

And so thus ends this story. The galaxy is ours to rule and command. We have become the Masters of the Universe.

118.jpg

All these worlds are our now.

119.jpg

I was about to ask what you thought of it... Now that you've played both Galciv3 and these two, which did you like the most?

IMO SD2 was a lot of fun early on, but seemed to be lacking in the late game. I've only played through a couple times though so I may just need a bump in difficulty (i wasn't on the hardest)

I was speaking of your not-very-enthusiastic comment:

Nah that game is not good enough to like for 1 Easter egg.

I did notice in the vid that you were playing the invasions by hand even late in the game. Is it worth it - in terms of enjoyment? It seems pretty time consuming.

The AI can loose you even 3 troops vs 1 enemy troop. The ground combat AI is just that terrible. You can for example see last assault on the pollops. I've lost 3 soldiers to one enemy. If I would play it, I wouldn't have any loss. Oh and I finished the game just before the last 1.1b patch.

Also like Nook said, the beginning might be interesting, but when you reach mid game, it gets pretty boring, as the AI is just that terrible. The diplomacy is also not good, specially because of that tolerance limit and on higher difficulty AI just must have 100%+ better deals. In Civilization even on Deity difficulty AI deals with you fairly when trading.