Let's Play OpenXcom: UFO Redux

Nookrium

I don't know should I congratulate you on finishing it or not botching this up ;) Anyway GG. You've got point for the "group picture". And SV gets a point for floating in the entertainment room.

Strangely so, I've also been asked few times to do the Apocalypse. Since I've done AAR here in SC, and Apocaylpse is 100% easier than previous titles, I'm just wondering how should I enhance the playthrough to be more challenging. As you know my AAR used only human weapons up until Alien Dimension.

Thanks for your dedication in sharing this with us Neptune, and also thanks for not getting too flustered with my constant comments! It was for your own good though. tongue.png

I think your blaster bomb problems stemmed from placing the waypoints in a sawtooth zigzag configuration instead of a straight line down the center of a corridor. Always plan your route before you place the waypoints. Get your men out of the way is the primary concern. If the bomb would prematurely detonate due to drift, at least you would minimize your exposure to the blast. Alien bases are pretty easy to avoid most drift issues as the corridors are mostly 3 tiles wide. Plot your points smack dab in the middle and you are golden.

Advanced blaster tactics: move your blaster men farther into the base as more of it is explored and secured by your scouts. The closer they are to the action, the fewer waypoints they will need to use. Also, if there is an obstacle blocking your path of the bomb, blow it up first with a preemptive bomb. Not only will it clear the obstacle, but it may kill hidden aliens too. smile.png

Anyhow, thanks again, it was a great ride. Please put my name down for your Apocalypse Let's Play, as I may not be able to due to a family emergency. wink.png

- Zombie