Let's Play OpenXcom: UFO Redux

Nookrium

Great work on the captures. Having a decent number of the floaters in the UFO really helped put your soldiers in a more favourable melee situation. Now that your containment's near capacity you could start trying going Rambo on the aliens with that combat knife.

Yes, you really need to handle that rocket launcher with more care. ;) Or employ some good old fashioned grenades. Though they'll more than likely soften up rather than kill Superhuman floaters.

- NKF

Saving the Casablanca farmland... with rockets!

You are doing it wrong with smoke grenades. You throw one in front of the skyranger and the second one inside it. That way aliens won't see you when you exit and won't see your troops inside. Also I've mentioned reaction bite in other topic - be careful with Chrysalids.

You are doing it wrong with smoke grenades. You throw one in front of the skyranger and the second one inside it. That way aliens won't see you when you exit and won't see your troops inside. Also I've mentioned reaction bite in other topic - be careful with Chrysalids.

Even with the explosion height turned on? I know it's wise to have one inside the craft to cover the second level on the old xcom but I assumed with the added height the ones outside would cover that too.

I was not expecting that reaper to chomp on me, can they turn and bite as a reaction or just whatever's in front of them?

Some of the best lessons are indeed learned the hard way. laugh.png

I usually have someone further inside the Skyranger handle the rockets, to avoid this exact scenario. Or, particularly later with the Blaster launchers, have all the launchers unequipped and leave them on the equipment pile. If I need a launcher, I have someone grab it as they exit the ship. It has the advantage that the first guy off the Skyranger can immediately access a rocket launcher in case there's a welcoming party beside the ramp.

In OpenXcom, I'm thinking that strong characters could stow away the launchers in their packs and have their SMGs, grenades or knives at the ready instead.

- NKF

What my advice has to do with alien standing next to the ramp and reaction fire with rocket launcher?

Lol, Why did I ever listen!

I usually have someone further inside the Skyranger handle the rockets, to avoid this exact scenario. Or, particularly later with the Blaster launchers, have all the launchers unequipped and leave them on the equipment pile. If I need a launcher, I have someone grab it as they exit the ship. It has the advantage that the first guy off the Skyranger can immediately access a rocket launcher in case there's a welcoming party beside the ramp.

I think the plan from now on is to face the rocketeers towards the wall for the 1st turn, that should curb any itchy trigger fingers.

I've never seen a blaster launcher reaction fire, I didn't even know it was possible.

It seems like that you're quite well protected against most of the conventional firearms thanks to the personal armour. Its their frag grenades that are giving you the most grief at the moment. And I'm guessing some cultists have plasma guns?

- NKF