Terror Extended

So we have intercepted that supply ship quite handily despite having some strange competition in our team. Few hours later our detectors catch a cruiser USO on base attack mission. We can't allow that. Despite being it easy short mission, there was a small accident. Our new recruit instead of hitting the alien, hit one of our own in the back. Not a good start on first mission.

124.jpg

125.jpg

We have everything we need to hit the colonies. But not just yet. On 16th of July we detect a very small USO on resource raid. And hey this time it's not Gill Man. But since it's very small it gets destroyed. We also have researched M.C. Labs so in few months we will know who has taffy for brains. Well we know few people that have.

On 17th of July another base attack cruiser detected. It's again gill man and I was hoping to see someone else for a change. The mission was pretty straight forward and Mr. Nook had some fun with our new DPLs. Although I felt pretty cocky and almost few soldiers paid the price of being blown up by the grenade. Also I wonder how it is randomized what part the grenade hits. There was also a little shoot out with the aliens and our new soldier Frank almost got killed. Not a very well executed mission but at least SV is still alive right?

127.jpg

128.jpg

Before us yet another short mission. On 19th of July we detect USO on infiltration mission. Those generally should land so I wait for it. Few hours later a USO on base attack mission appears and this we must take down ASAP. Since this was yet another small USO mission I felt a bit cocky and almost paid a price to the grenade. Fortunately nothing bad happened.

129.jpg

Unfortunately the USO on infiltration mission did not land. A shame really. But on 21st of July we have a lobster supply ship in the colony near Japan. Well now, we have finally met lobsters. We launch immediately but Hammerhead was a little too slow to catch it while touched down and caught it on way back.

Right on the exit EnKeyEff spots our first lobsterman. Nook fires DPL and takes it down. He must have been damaged from the crash. Slowly the team moves towards the USO. SV leads the scouting party. Because those damn lobsters are so tough the advancement isn't that fast. But eventually we manage to reach the USO.

Once inside EnKeyEff lead the squad through the front door. There were 3 lobsters guarding the cargo bay. His team had a little trouble dealing with them, and already wounded Charlie got blown up by the grenade. Meanwhile on top of the floor, Zombie, SV, Nook were dealing with lobsters in the command room. But the aliens couldn't hold any more and we finally killed everyone of them.

130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

No zrbite unfortunately. But at least we have are maiden battle with lobsters behind us. We probably won't see them until we attack the colony or another transport.

Ok boys and girls. Time to hit that colony in Caribbeans. Main objective capture the base commander.

We start in the SE corner of the map. Right behind our ship there was a Tentaculat. We can't risk of having it alive so Mr. Nook pulverize it with DPL. Next we proceed with devastation of the command room of this level. We only kill one Tentaculat so that means we are not dealing with the standard layout of aquatoids and tassoth - maybe lobsterman? But upon reaching the breach, we found out that it will be only Tassoths. After the initial barrage we could already hear lots of aliens dropping their guns. But there always must be this sneaky bugger who wants to play hero. When Amanda stepped inside the almost destroyed room, she was shot twice and died.

133.jpg

134.jpg

There was only one answer for this. A DPL to the face. Also strangely that this Tentaculat didn't dare to attack.

135.jpg

At this point the aliens were in panic mode so we were just only cleaning house. Once all the aliens were dead, we went deeper inside the colony.

Right from the start EnKeyEff spotted the commander. He will be closely watched, but if he dies there should be 3 more in the command room. Since this is Gill Man base we won't be fighting easy Deep Ones, oh no. We have watch out for Xarquids. Does buggers are very dangerous. And in fact there was this one near our exit. A DPL to the face sorted out the problem and additional Gill Man too. Got to watch out not to be spotted too soon or those 4 commanders will be pain in the arse with MC attacks. The second exit was very close to the main room and we also had a soldier with Thermal Shock Launcher nearby so he will be headed there, while the other will go towards the Commander that EnKeyEff is watching. Meanwhile others will kill all the other aliens. We also need the navigator but that we can get somewhere else. Probably bigger USO. Let's just focus on one thing at time.

The Commanders start using those MC attacks pretty soon. This laid a little waste to some of my plans. But fortunately nothing bad came out of this, so we still proceeded with the original plan. While the plan was in motion. Zombie was solo fighting with some gill man. He wasn't doing all that well, but eventually overcame it and manage to win few shootouts. Until he was shot with stun bomb and had to be waken up.

After a bit of fighting the Commander we marked as prime target suddenly dropped his gun and decided to "waste" all of his TUs. This made a little simpler to get him and stun him. We also had a little struggle with some Xarquids when Tracey was one shot killed to the face by one of the critters. But eventually they were outsmarted.

136.jpg

When the commander was captured he was transported back to the exit zone, just in case I will decide to retreat and not search the last alien. But meanwhile EnKeyEff went and dealt with the command room. Killing rest of the commanders and reviving sleeping soldiers.

Before we made it to the exit zone with the Commander, most of the aliens were dead and the hunt for the last alien begun. The hunt was pretty long but before I called it quits we found one in all of the places where the biggest battle with Gill man occurred. How did he managed to pull that one off in hiding, I don't know, but thanks to him, we've managed to acquire lots of resources.

137.jpg

Next time I will have to bring that improved scanner.

After two last bigger battles it's time again to focus on something small. On 25th of July we get yet another small USO on base attack mission. Why can't they send big ones. I've shot down so many small ones on base attack mission. Why they always spawn in Atlantic. I have eyes all over the globe but only detect in Atlantic.

Hey it looks like my wishes were heard. On 28th of July a Dreadnought came to spot our base. What a shame it didn't find us. On 29th of July a Tasoth USO was detected on resource raid. In theory I should be happy that it's not Gill men anymore, but those are Tasoth. They are worse than Etherals (well almost). A mission that supposed to be easy, turned into a nightmare with the excessive use of the MC. I don't mind the MC by itself, by why 1 Tassoth can make 3 MC attacks per turn, while for example M.C. Reader uses 50% of TUs :/ I think that all MC skills should be 50% TU. Also EnKeyEff accomplish something I never fought it was possible. Is it possible to use this swirly thing on the USOs roof?

138.jpg

Sorry for not updating, but GTA 5 came out and you know how it is. There are few short mission to deal with first:

Not much to say, the length says it all.

Tassoths still having fun.

After a large bunch of small missions, we finally get something decent. New month arrives and with new month late terror mission, or in this particular example, artifact site. We might get lucky and get aquatoid navigator, but I probably doubt and be more trigger happy. In this mission we will see the new improved motion detectors. After reseraching M.C. Reader, they upgrade to detect only aliens no matter if they are stationary or not. The range is also improved. The only drawback is, that blips don't get bigger to notify if the alien has moved. But still very useful devices in those big missions.