Terror Extended

The Gill man Commander is a lie, a fake, a trap. He shouldn't be even called Commander at all. Guess I will have to go to that Lobster colony after all. Also how on Earth aliens have planted that colony in that spot. As if the Transmission Resolver was not 100% detection chance.

I'm guessing they had already signed over by then. Colonies have a chance of suddenly appearing when that happens. They were only waiting for the end of the month to tell you officially. The game plays rather underhandedly like that. ;)

- NKF

How did the USA signed a pact with so many points and NO landed infiltration mission. That sneak attack colony shouldn't be the cause of it. That's one big bullcrap I have ever seen. Also another cruise ship to be rescued.

Because infiltration success is not tied to points or successful landings, merely by the number of craft that have been spawned for the mission. When the timer runs out after the last UFO/alien sub has been spawned, the infiltration is complete. The timer between the last 4 craft is only a few hours, at best. You can't stop the infiltration but only slow down its progress by successfully intercepting each alien sub/UFO which will increase the delay time to spawn the next sub in the list. Of all things that I call into question about what the Gallops ultimately intended for parts of the game, this is not one of them: Infiltration was supposed to be the doomsday clock for the game.

In EU I saw Infiltration UFOs land. So it's true that they are flying around spreading "We come in peace" message and the Americans bought it. Also shouldn't my performance be another counter infiltration mechanism?

Infiltration ships do land, which is part of the story to go with infiltration, but in actual game mechanics, landing or not has no impact on the progress of the mission itself. The only "counter-infiltration" that the player can do is to intercept each UFO/sub that is part of the mission, which only delays the outcome: Each crashed/destroyed alien craft will add 1~9.3 days to the timer for the next craft in the mission to be created.

Alright. We need that lobster commander and we need it yesterday. SV you go with me, Nook you take the Zrbite and meet us in the extraction zone. Everyone else protect the extraction point, then your lives. Good plan right? Well this is lobster colony so anticipate that everything goes wrong. Also a strange thing at the end.

Nook is going to need a few more armor patches after that last mission.

Do you have any surviving soldiers from the first mission? I know a couple of them have been around a very long time, Christel & Silencer?

Tasoth bring the big guns. Night mission on Tasoth dreadnought. I may have accidentally almost killed SV. But only because he was mind controlled. Also a strange thing from the Tentaculat. Why he didn't do what he should have done is beyond me. But don't get too excited. You will go to T'leth regardless of any wound.