Strategic problems with mod Long War-Newbie questions

Fonzosh

So, Ive resently started with Xcom Long war mod and hell its hard. Im in month mars and have already a terror mission where at one place tha game spawns 4 Chryssalids and 8 floaters at the same time. I still have normal weapons. So, the question. Does it escalate from here? Is it really that hard? Or should I just try and skip the terror mission with all the chaos it creates?

Alien progression is usually as normal as in vanilla, though you will be seeing sectoids quite often in normal missions. The first terror mission will always be floaters and chrysalids. Either you will deal with it or face the consequences. If you are not good at this game and going the ironman mode then well - you've asked for it. If not well save scum till you get the right rolls. Generally it's not hard when you deploy the right troops.

As for the question is it hard? Maybe - it is frustrating at points. It gets harder with time, that is true, but if you know what are you doing, you should be able to handle most situations.

Since you've asked here I might advise you to watch a playthrough I've made for Long War - it is in AAR section of the forums and covers all beta patches starting from B10 and current builds are easier in meld department. You might also watch a LP of some guy called Beagle. I hear he is sort of "star" on nexus forums when they discuss balance or something.

Generally my opinion is that long war is for people who are adept in vanilla on classic or impossible difficulty.

Alien progression is usually as normal as in vanilla, though you will be seeing sectoids quite often in normal missions. The first terror mission will always be floaters and chrysalids. Either you will deal with it or face the consequences. If you are not good at this game and going the ironman mode then well - you've asked for it. If not well save scum till you get the right rolls. Generally it's not hard when you deploy the right troops.

As for the question is it hard? Maybe - it is frustrating at points. It gets harder with time, that is true, but if you know what are you doing, you should be able to handle most situations.

Since you've asked here I might advise you to watch a playthrough I've made for Long War - it is in AAR section of the forums and covers all beta patches starting from B10 and current builds are easier in meld department. You might also watch a LP of some guy called Beagle. I hear he is sort of "star" on nexus forums when they discuss balance or something.

Well, since Im a casual player I play the easiest long war you can make (with cinematic and not so long war) but getting terror missions that early in the game? That is though, and the first downed UFO was a medium size, not a small siza as the vanilla game (actually, in vanilla you have several small until the bigger ones start coming. Well, I will watch you walkthroughs and thanks for the answer.