After 5 years searching I finally get the game T.T

RockmanX

You've gotta wait a week or two (month or two?) for some items to come on the market.

You're troops use some level of AI in this one. They tend to duck in and out of cover. If you don't like this, mess with their stance settings - turn it to agressive, and they won't bother with cover.

Well, do you have any people assigned to the vehicles?

If you click on your base (on the map screen), you'll see a list of your vehicles and units. You then drag units to the vehicles, and where the crafts go, the troopers go.

I think you then tell your craft to go to a map location, then click the downed UFO of your choice.

Well, apart from having soldiers in the ship you're using to assault the UFO, the UFO must also be manned. The first two UFOs the aliens have are unmanned (well, to be more precise, they have no ship crew or pilots - their payload of troops do not count), so you automatically recover them. The rest are all manned.

As for tips... hoo boy. There's just so many to give. I'd suggest asking for tips on certain aspects of the game that you feel you need help on.

Here's one tip I'd like to share though as it's on my mind at the moment:

If you find air combat in the city far too difficult and you are constantly making enemies (by damaging buildings with misfired shots) and your fleets of ships keep getting wiped out, here's how I'd recommend you proceed with the game.

Only shoot down and assault UFOs that you've never captured before and ignore the rest. You can still succeed even if you just do the ground missions and only capture one of each type of UFO for quite a good part of the game. The trick is to keep everyone happy and to keep your activity scores in the positive. By the way, always investigate a site that the aliens drop enemy troops into rather than wait for the siren. Each siren adds a negative score to your overall score - also the less time you wait before investigating the drop-site, the less the infiltration and spread of aliens to other buildings .

Anyway, if you play it slow and steady like this, you should be able to get all the tech required to build the hybrid aircraft, shields and the weapons you need. Once you've built up a strong fleet of new ships like Annihilators, you can easily take on enemy ships in their own dimension rather than risk damaging the city.

It's not as aggressive or as much fun as attacking everything that moves, but it works. So do consider this option if you're having trouble with the UFOs.

Again, if you have any specific areas that you need tips on, ask away.

- NKF

The Cult of Sirius LIKES the aliens. So, they will always hate YOU. But don't worry... They are your personal punching bag. Don't pay them. :blink:

You can get more soldiers every week or so. (Month or so?)

As for capturing aliens, you must have -

1) A biotransport module (or whatever it's called) assigned to the craft at the mission

2) An alien containment fac at your base.

To get the bio unit you must -

1) Get your scientists to research it.

2) Get your engineers to then build it.

3) Go to the craft equip screen, and drag the completed module into the craft.

Then you're good to go. :)

A bit of both.

Stun grapples work wonders on the smaller aliens, 'specially in Real Time combat. In fact, I often have my troopers carry them in their left hands, while carrying another weapon in their other. Great for stopping poppers in their tracks.

But don't shirk on the stun grenades, either. Using both works best, but don't gas your own troops!

Also, some units have so much health it is VERY difficult to stun them. If you lower their health (with a damaging weapon), you'll find it easier to stun them.

Finally, aliens don't wake up if something is sitting/standing on them.

I'll have a crack at it.

Stun grenade:

A stun grenade has a minor 'impact' stun effect plus the gas that works over a short period of time over a small area (and can thus do a lot of stun-damage if you time your blast-on-impact stun grenades just right). Stun grenades will work through disrupter shields. This is one of its most important features.

The stun grenade's major flaw is that it is a one-use weapon and that there just isn't enough on sale early in the game.

Stun grapple:

Works FASTER than the stun grenade. Can deal up to 80 stun damage in a very short period of time. Unfortunately, it won't do more than that but it will keep the stun damage at 80. Hence why you need to hurt the tougher aliens before they'll go down. (makes sense, really, or else it would be far too powerful a weapon!) Its other weakness is that it cannot work through disrupter shields.

However, a stun grapple is reusable while a stun grenade is a one-shot weapon. (Also, stun grapples exercise your firing skills a lot more than grenades)

The stun grapple is also the only weapon you can capture a micronoid aggregate with. So it's worth keeping one in stock.

So which is better? As Bomb Bloke says, a bit of both. The stun-grenades can last a lot longer in the game than the grapples, but the grapples are always useful as long as there aren' being used against disrupter shields.

Don't forget that you've also go psionic stun. Psi-stun is a mixed bag. It's a reusable stun resource, but it's so difficult to use as far too many of the aliens have very powerful psi defence, and your psi energy takes forever to recharge.

- NKF

If you want to have better(different) soldiers, like sectoids and androids, you can pay some money to the organizations that gather them ( i do not rememeber their names, look in UFOpedia ). I think the same is with scientists of all kinds, but i did not check it.

The staff hire list is random. You can check this by saving just before the day ends and then check the hire list on the new day, then reload and do this again. (Same goes for the type of missions that you an encounter in a day, by the way. Having a really hostile company does not mean it'll attack you. It just means that the game now has the option of having that company attack you as one of its random daily events)

Androids and mutants only become available when you're not on hostile relations with SELF and the Mutant Alliance.

- NKF

P. S: Of course, I could always be wrong. The maximum number of randomised android/mutant soldiers per day may indeed be influenced by your alliance status, but I haven't really seen much evidence of this.

You won't be building your own armor for quite a while, so it's just a matter of chosing between the Marsec and the Megapol armor.

Megapol slows your troops down more then Marsec armor, and Marsec also allows your units to fly. However, Megapol armor is much more resistant then Marsec.

There are some other upgrades besides armor that will become available.

If the armor doesn't cut it, try to rely on cover - make your troops lie down or kneel so they are harder to hit, and keep them behind walls if you want them out of harms way.

Well I have toxic gun with the Toxin B, it make the game more easy but the armor is the only problem, well I will use more the Megapol armor for the resistence.

and About Psi Power, are they Usefull? all time I have a 0% of chace in all Aliens (all starter aliens + the Skeletoid)

You need line of sight on the aliens to have a chance of psi-ing them.

You also need a good level of psi strength. You'll get offered some more power psi soldiers as you progress.

I find it useful in that this time round you can access the aliens inventories, equip grenades, prime them, then drop them. Works wonders.

Note that any items aliens drop have to fall to the ground before they can pick them up again. If you simply use the equip screen to place all their items on the ground, they will instantly pick them all up again.

Ive gotta bit of a question, to get the toxin C, u need all aliens dead and alive, but there are 4 aliens that are extremely hard to catch: the Queen, Psimorph, Micronoid, then theres the huge one that comes in motherships, and battleships, and the one that is dropped in the city by the mothership, i just cant remember their names... but one is a megaspawn.

Could someone give me tips for capturing these? The one that appears in the mothership ufo attack has those missiles or whatever, and it seems that you either kill it before it can be stunned, or it isnt stunned at all. The psimorph and micronoid are have the same problem plus the difficulty of mind control, and then theres the queen which is almost impossible to fire stun grapples up onto its platform, and the grenades dont work that well, plus the 1 hit KO makes the need for u to make your soldiers evade those slow bolts manually. All the problems are pretty obvious to anyone whose seen all the aliens (and can remember their names :blink: ). So can someone give me some strategies to defeat these, please??? All the other aliens i have but these 4 are the worst (the one in the city, do u need to get it alive, or just dead)

Ah, here goes:

Psimorph AND Micronoid aggregate:

Their main gimmick is psi and nothing else. Really good psi attacks and nothing else, mind you! Therefore, how do we work around this problem? Easy:

Androids.

Note: The psimorph needs to be hurt considerably before you can stun it.

For the micronoid aggregate: You HAVE to use a stun grapple. Stun gas simply won't work. You will also need to hurt it down to 80 or under health for the stun grapple to work.

Note: You can find micronoids in alien BOMBERS (those green ships) and the first alien building. So plan ahead and prepare android teams armed with stun grapples for these missions if you want to catch one.

Megaspawn:

They fire disrupter beams and dimension missiles out of their little pinkies - making them horrible to fight at any range. One good trick is to smother them with stun gas and maybe even use stun grapples when filling them with lead and energy beams. As long as you hurt it enough to get its health down below the stun level, it'll fall unconcious. It's hard, but it can be done. It takes a lot of luck (and perhaps controlled bursts) more than anything else.

Sometimes you might find one standing in a corner of a UFO, looking the other way and not doing much. I find it easy to catch these ones. .

One funny thing about them that I've been noticing is that they don't like to fight soldier up close. I keep sending soldiers with power swords after them, and they run away. But that probably doesn't happen all the time. If you're feeling gutsy, you could probably send someone up with a sword and a stun grapple...

Overspawn: You don't need this alien to get Toxin-C. There's no official way of stunning a cityscape alien, so don't worry about it - as it doesn't give you any important tech. However, if you manage to get one alive, then you are very lucky indeed! If you are able to do this, please come back and let us know how you did it.

Queenspawn:

The queenspawn is very powerful and has one mean spit. A HIGHLY corrosive spit (not to mention rapid-firing!). But look at it another way. It's rooted to one spot and can only fire in a tight cone in front of it. This is its one major flaw.

It's surrounded by laser curtains and eggs that can spit at you, true enough, and is on a raised stage with only one way to get in. But the moment you are able to get a soldier (or several) to either side of it, it's at your mercy.

I'd recommend having a soldier distract by running across the hallways (from the safety of mounds on one side of the room to the other, for example) to distract it. While it's firing, have several soldiers rush in from either side (remember, it can only target one soldier at a time, so rushing several soldiers in will work).

But before you do that, toss a vortex mine at the queen. One vortex mine won't kill the the queenspawn - it has several truck loads of health. This is to wipe out the eggs on either side of it. Then, just before rushing in, you might even want to throw a smoke grenade in and equip yourself with cloaking devices and shields (you might even want to carry a 3rd shield if you're paranoid - just throw your stun grapple and a disrupter gun/devestator cannon onto the stage beforehand to make space).

Okay, so if you've played long enough to get teleporters, you could've skipped all that! :blink:

Anyway, once you've got your soldier standing next to the queenspawn, have the rest of your soldiers finish off the rest of the map by wiping out all the remaining aliens and spawn-pads. Once you're absolutely sure the map is clear, you can start gassing and using the stun grapple on the queen. Keep applying the stun weapons and then use a disrupter weapon (or whatever you have on hand) to bring the queen's health down to the stun-damage level. That's pretty much it. As all the other aliens are gone, you should win the mission immediately and not worry about the queenspawn suffering from critical wounds.

One more thing: Make sure you've got plenty of space in your containment module back home. I think it took up the whole space, so make sure you've got no other important alien that you need to research on the waiting list.

- NKF

You know, every time I end up answering simple questions with almost half a page of text, I feel that I'm losing a bit of myself. Any day now I'm going to throw my head back and get into a fit of evil maniacal laughter while typing up an answer to a simple question like "How do I use the teleporters efficiently?" or "Is there an easy way to rearm everyone after every mission?" .