Bug? Can't finish the game!

Soltario

My terraformation is at 100% and I have conquered every area except for the capital of the Expedition, Martians and Beastmen.

I have researched every single piece of technology and done the 2 moon missions.

(where you fight drones and the other where you have to navigate through a minefield).

There is nothing left to research, neither available nor unavailable. Everything is researched!

All my caracters are lvl 25 and I have manufactured every single piece of equipment possible.

However I never even get so much as a hint of the Beastmen virus.

The last story event was when I researched the way to make the terraformation beneficial for both humans and martians.

I have gone through several months of ENDLESSLY fighting the Beastmen now.

I even tried to fast forward 2 months more without fighting them and yet no word from the Laputans.

Does anyone know if there is some specific thing I have to do to trigger the virus event? Equip my team in a certain way or whatever?

I have gone insane trying to find this out, and replaying the game at this point is out of the question!

Thanks in advance.

I think I have remembered a thing. I'm writing here just in case someone else will stumble upon this. You have to make the first attack on alien base. After you will kill certain number of aliens you should get orders to retreat. Then the story will progress further and you will get a mission to close the gate in the Elysium (or whatever it is called) this is the last beastman gate. After you close the gate, you should have all you need to make final push on the beastman stronghold.

I attacked the base twice. Once with a small elite team and the second time with a heavy full unit. I never got the mission to close the gate.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. The Beastmen have two territories, the base and Elysium with the gate.

I never got the mission to attack Elysium.

Ok, I've poked a bit. You should ask the Earth for sending second ship. When I click ask for reinforcements, they say that they have more problems, meaning that they haven't eradicated all of the cultists yet? Which would be strange. At this point I don't know what to say. I've yet to ask again do you have patched version to 1.7 ?

After adding the script menu and doing the research cheat I was able to finish the game!

Weird how things didn't get added to my research list, even if I did the mission.

For those who encounter the same problem, follow these guides to add the script menu.

https://ufoafterblank.wikia.com/wiki/AL:Cheats

The final video was a bit of a disappointment though but ah, it feels good to finally finish the game!

Happy new year to you all!