How to customize XCOMUTIL Statstrings

GuestPlayerPro

Hello.

My first post on strategocore forums, hope someone here can advise me.

I applied some xcomutil modifications to my X-COM TftD, by running xcuSetup file and answering questions displayed by it.

After a while i found out that Statstrings feature added to aquanauts names is not very helpful for me in it's default form. In the xcomutil readme file and ufopedia I read that this feature is customizable by modifying

// Nameing and Sorting

NameStats

StatStrings

section in xcomutil.cfg file.

But as I understood (and confirmed by practice) just changing this section in xcomutil.cfg doesn't change it (aquanauts descriptions in my saved games remains unchanged). I assume that this isn't processed each time the game is run by runxcom file.

How can I apply changes to this section to affect my saved games? O is it only possible by changing the cfg section before applying mods to the game when running xcusetup for the first time? (in this case I stuck with the statstrings that help very little for me in my current saved games sad.png ).

Did you try running xcuSetup again, disabling statstrings and then hiring a soldier to see if his/her name has statstrings? That hopefully should prevent future soldiers from getting statstrings. As for your current soldiers, I believe you are stuck - unless you want to edit the names in-game or do a little modding in SOLDIER.DAT. Hope that helps. happy.png

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :)

- Zombie

Assuming you're running the game with runxcom or runxcomw, XComutil will run its rename routine when the game switches between the Geoscape and Battlescape.You'll need to play a mission first to get it working. Or use the command line functions to manually update your save.

If you find the statstrings are not updating, try manually deleting everything from the / onwards, then play a mission.

- NKF