Attention To Everyone Who Owns A Virtual Game

NoXTheRoXStaR

If you own games that you purchased from Steam, Origin or Uplay take my advice. The fact is we don't know the future of any of these companies and unless you own a physical copy of the game, there's a good chance you could possibly lose your game in one way or another. So here's my advice, I want all of you to do what I did. I opened up all three of these "services" and I downloaded the no cd/dvd crack for each and everyone of those games. I didn't apply them. I made a folder and labeled them, storing them on a separate harddrive. In the event Steam, Origin or Uplay goes defunct I now have a back up .exe if and when I choose to play these games in the future.

This is the only way to ensure that the games you've paid for remain yours.

-NoX

I admit I have given some thought to this issue in the past. While in theory I agree, the reality is such that vast majority of games I e-own would be old when that happens and I wouldn't play them any more anyway. So in effect, I'm risking a game or three that I might still play, which is a very reasonable risk.

BTW, I lost or (have had) destroyed by accident ALL games I ever owned on physical media. So... I settled for digital ownership and its risks.

I admit I have given some thought to this issue in the past. While in theory I agree, the reality is such that vast majority of games I e-own would be old when that happens and I wouldn't play them any more anyway. So in effect, I'm risking a game or three that I might still play, which is a very reasonable risk.

BTW, I lost or (have had) destroyed by accident ALL games I ever owned on physical media. So... I settled for digital ownership and its risks.

Or you could just take 15 or 30 minutes of your time to make a backup. I probably won't play a lot of the games I have either. I won't however allow these services to potentially screw me. smile.png Fact is, I paid for them. Ergo they're mine. It's a good thing you don't own a ehouse, S.V. Besides, if this world lasts I'd like my kids to enjoy some of the games I did if they embrace gaming.