My Wasteland, is your Wasteland.

NoXTheRoXStaR

I enjoy this game quite a bit. I tried to get into the original years before the announcement of 2, however I have such a backlog of games to experience it wasn't my cup of tea. I do like this game, I find it fun, silly and entertaining. References to the Three Amigos, and Blazing Saddles are awesome. The more I play the game the more I realize I should have put more points in intelligence with my character who is primarily a Shotgun wielding, pick-locker (both kinds, dial and key) explosives extraordinaire! Goddamn there's a lot of lock picking and trapped packages throughout Arizona! So far so good, I have a chick I created from Russia who is damn near equal to Deth (Although I didn't even know I could recruit her until long after I finished the AG...grr) I have a pistol wielding, kiss/smart ass diplomat as our leader and finally my sniper/medic. Good times for all. Considering how much I've accomplished with this game and very little knowledge of what makes a good team, I think I've done very good. So to break it down;

Highs+

Storyline is decent and keeps me coming back for more

Graphics are on par with my expectations despite the large hard drive requirements

Pathfinding is topnotch

Items & Descriptions are humorous

The game keeps me interested enough to continue playing even after 40+ hours of trial and error (by the way, my initial team of rangers are the same I'm playing with).

Music is very accommodating.

References from movies, music, games are a great nod to great entertainment

Lows-

Inventory system is buggy (especially at Ranger HQ)

Consistent dialog topics that reword what you already know, and few that inform of anything you didn't

System seems to hang the further you progress through the game. (My initial 30+ hours only resulted in 1 crash, after hour 40, the combat lagged and load times were bathroom break worthy)

Overall I find this game a success and hope that my nitpicking doesn't sway anyone to buy or hold out on buying this great game, but to give my fair assessment.

This game is Fallout humor/dialog/skill comprehension mixed with Jagged Alliance/Silent Storm-esque strategy and tactics. PC wise this game and the new Directors Cut Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall editon ooh...yes and my wife just gave birth to a healthy baby boy last weekend. A new breath of fresh air....Exciting is it not?