Problems editing various inventories

Vityaz

So after the headache inducing process of getting the editor working I ran into a bunch of problems regarding the inventory changes.

1) Allied Soldiers using russian weapons annoyed me to no end, so I did some changes in the entire Prefs and Chests sections (mostly setting the quantity of said item to 0, because someone told me that outright deleting it doesn't work). However, I still get Allied Officers trying to shoot me with Nagant pistols etc.. sad.png

2) Did some changes to the starting loadout of your characters and other recruits. But while it mostly works as intended, I still can't change my German Soldier's main weapon from MP40/II to something else. Tried everything, including setting up different quantity item, deleting etc.

Same problem happens with Ahmad, Fritz and Paco. I cannot change their weapons, nor uniforms (while it works for everyone else) and ingame they are still sporting their old stuff.

Yes I did rebuild my mod, used the new folder and even tried to add a mod to a savegame. Nothing worked.

So eh... any idea what am I doing wrong here? Hopefully my question is structured better than the last thread, lol smile.png

Thanks in advance!

Hi.

Are you trying to mod S2 or do you attempt to adjust S3? If its the first one - than it is quite odd that your changes are not applied.

If its the second one - than you must edit only pers in 'SA' folder (in 'mobs' in particular). Thats the addon`s entries that are used in Sentinels.

As for the starting heroes - there are two types - those present in the select menu and those that you get when generating your char manually. First are stored in 'SA/SA heroes'. The second ones are in 'PC soldiers/hero' folder.

Hope this helps.

EDITED: another thing i shoul mention. Once you modify inventories or chests - you should click on 'update game data' option that looks like two circling arrows. Otherwise you`ll end up with bogged stuff in built mod like soldiers with multiple items of the same type and other stuff.

Oh, and NEVER delete anything from soldier`s inventory. Put '0' in its quantity instead (same goes for store/shop items).

Hey there! Thanks for answering. Really helpful. smile.png

I forgot to specifiy I was talking about S2, heh. I did another playthrough with my tweaks and it seems that the russian weapons ratio dropped significantly, although there is still an officer with a Nagant from time to time. But since he is usually one out of twenty, I guess I can live with it. smile.png

And yes, I did all my changes in the PCSoldiers section, but my German Male Soldier still refuses to use his new G41 instead of MP40/II. But no sweat, I can deal with it it, I guess.

Also, thanks for the tip about updating stuff - the only thing I did so far was rebuilding it again and agai after I was done with my changes. And urm.. yeah, I did delete some entries (that was before I knew I shouldn't do that), but not before setting them to 0. I don't suppose I could revert that back somehow? grin.gif

EDIT : Oh and one more thing I was wondering - If I do some more adjustments to my mod, can I still apply those changes to an on-going save? Basically just "updating" the mod the save is currently using? (all I did now was replacing RPDs from the loot list and fixed some spelling errors in Strings)