The Great Food Riot of 2014.

Participated in a social experiment to get grant money, three days of high quality meals, three times a day, then two days, one single low quality meal.

The results earned me $15k, and cost me about $60k.

It kicked off in my holding cell, because I had just put up another cell block, and had 28 prisoners waiting for a cell. Packing 28 into space meant for about 5 obviously wasn't great, but it went wrong after half a day.

Fight kicked off, multiple prisoners involved, and I made my first mistake in not sealing the cell door. I sent guards in, and the rest of the prisoners promptly turned on them. The fight spread to the canteen and common room, other members of staff fled, and prisoners took the opportunity to flee to their cells, those that set off the metal detectors notably not stopping for the guards.

Two guards beaten to death in the holding cell, I sent in more guards as the riot spread to the cell blocks, and finally I get the bright idea to send everyone willing back to their cells, leaving only the troublemakers.

At this point, a certain prisoner called Robert Baker, doing a 16-year bid for armed robbery, leaves his cell, and kills a guard. He takes the guard's keys. He goes apeshit, opens every cell he gets to, and when I send a guard to stop him, he beats the guard to paste.

At this point, four guards are dead in the holding cell, and I have six left to control the entire prison. Cue me calling the riot police.

Six riot cops straight into the holding cell, and they beat the unholy Christ out of everyone in there. Even the riot cops take damage doing this, and I send in my doctors once everyone's pacified.

15048534787_b33aee4757_s.jpgScreenshot 2014-09-10 02.26.31

A previously quiet cell block kicks off, and some prisoners that are out of their cells go on a rampage. I panic, and do the right thing by accident, ordering a total lockdown, which seals every door. I order a second load of riot cops, and send them to pacify the newly-erupted cell block, and only then do I really clock the extent of the damage Baker has caused, and order a third load of riot cops.

Baker has four prisoners with him, and they've killed another guard. They're opening and vandalising cells, attacking any staff they find, and are generally having a party. The second load of riot police pacifies the cell block easily, and the third load arrives, and breaks up Baker's gang. Baker has to be beaten unconscious. You can see him on the far left of this pic, between the two riot cops.

15212098006_5d004fbe52_s.jpgScreenshot 2014-09-10 02.26.58

Baker was upgraded to the maximum security category, taken to the infirmary, and later escaped.