How to give Martians territory? (via VFS editing?)

Darkflame

I got stuck in the game it seems.

Looking around this forum, it seems basically I killed of all the martians too soon, and need to capture one (and presumably then negotiate with them?)

Only they are all dead..whoops.

I downloaded "VFS View" and while some basics I can work out (like changing prerequisites for research), I cant work out how to give a faction territory.

Does anyone know how? or have alternatives?

Thanks! :)

Been such a long time since I've dived into the vfs files, but I do seem to recall people doing this previously. It should be possible to change territory ownership altho I'm not sure if you can restore their HQ wich might or might not be required to be able to stablish peace. Alternatively you can "give" yourself the item requiremts to make a research available, but again, so much time has passed that I just don't recall where all these bits are kept within the save file. I'd suggest using the search option and you should find a couple of threads dealing with this.

Thanks,

Well, I did search for keywords like "Territory Mod" but didnt have any luck.

The modding guide I found didnt seem to go into that aspect either.

I think I found the section in the vfs files that deal with territory but its not that clear. I think some data might even be serialized/encoded

Oh well, if I cant restore the HQ anyway, it seems I am stuck. Shame, I always like to try to complete things 100%/Best/Nice guy way wink.png