S3 AP Costs

drkeiscool

Hello all!

I recently purchased the S2 games from Steam and have had a wonderful time playing them. I have just gotten into Sentinels; while it is also excellent for the most part, there is one change in particular I intensely dislike: increased AP costs for movement. Is there some way to return the AP costs in Sentinels to the original values from S2?

• 2 weeks later...

AP costs for movement is directly connected to the weapon you are holding. A pistol has no impact on costs, while machinegun increases it by 50%. So if you wish to run further per turn - don`t get large weapons. Stick to pistols and submachineguns.

You can manually adjust these values in 'weapon types' tab in mapedit.

• 8 months later...

Thank you for responding, Okim (and sorry I've been gone for about 9 months).

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. To, let's say, run one pace in S3 costs 4 AP. While I have only used rifles, pistols, and SMGs so far, the cost to run one pace has always costed 4 AP, no matter what weapon I have equipped.

What I want to do is change that cost of moving one pace back to S2:

• Run: 4 AP (S3) > 2 AP (S2)
  • Walk: 6 AP (S3) > 4 AP (S2)
  • Crouch-walk: 8 AP (S3) > 6 AP (S2)
  • Crawl: 10 AP (S3) > 8 AP (S2)

In the Map Editor for S3, under the RPG APs tab, the AP costs for "move crawl", "move crouch", "move run", and "move stand" can be found and changed. I have done that, and successfully built a mod folder (both the .db file and .txt file). But starting a custom campaign with the mod selected doesn't change anything. I know that it's possible to change the AP costs for PK's in S2, but is changing movement costs in S3 just impossible?