#1 drkeiscool

drkeiscool

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

Hello all!

I recently purchased the S2 games from Steam and have had a wonderful time playing them. I have just gotten into Sentinels; while it is also excellent for the most part, there is one change in particular I intensely dislike: increased AP costs for movement. Is there some way to return the AP costs in Sentinels to the original values from S2?

#2 drkeiscool

drkeiscool

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

Well, it's been about a week now... nothing?

#3 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:01 AM

AP costs for movement is directly connected to the weapon you are holding. A pistol has no impact on costs, while machinegun increases it by 50%. So if you wish to run further per turn - don`t get large weapons. Stick to pistols and submachineguns.

You can manually adjust these values in 'weapon types' tab in mapedit.

#4 drkeiscool

drkeiscool

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:43 AM

Thank you for responding, Okim (and sorry I've been gone for about 9 months).

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. To, let's say, run one pace in S3 costs 4 AP. While I have only used rifles, pistols, and SMGs so far, the cost to run one pace has always costed 4 AP, no matter what weapon I have equipped.

What I want to do is change that cost of moving one pace back to S2:
  • Run: 4 AP (S3) > 2 AP (S2)
  • Walk: 6 AP (S3) > 4 AP (S2)
  • Crouch-walk: 8 AP (S3) > 6 AP (S2)
  • Crawl: 10 AP (S3) > 8 AP (S2)
In the Map Editor for S3, under the RPG APs tab, the AP costs for "move crawl", "move crouch", "move run", and "move stand" can be found and changed. I have done that, and successfully built a mod folder (both the .db file and .txt file). But starting a custom campaign with the mod selected doesn't change anything. I know that it's possible to change the AP costs for PK's in S2, but is changing movement costs in S3 just impossible?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users