Can't retrieve martian artifacts.

Daliena

Another day, another problem I'm not sure how to solve.. I uh.. Waited until -pretty- late to go for the digsite missions. While I can power through the army of various robots easily enough, the second to last room, just before the one where the artifact is, is cluttered with various terrain items. Tanks containing something or else, and four pointed 'stars' of a sort litter the floor.. To the point that my troops can't seem to get past!

I would've posted a screenshot but for some reason or other all that comes out is a black screen.. I've done the mission two times now, and both times it was cluttered to the point that even if I'd taken light armour there simply was no route for my troops to take. Am I just screwed now and in need of restarting the entire campaign?

In the UI panel there is attack button. Click it then press on the tanks. The soldiers will destroy it and you can pass through. You can also take dynamite, rockets or Warp Cannon to speed the process. It's the same thing for destroying beastman portlas. Didn't you have a mission to destroy certain items in beastman lands?

If you still can't figure it out, you can post a save and I can try to pass it for you.

I've busted up a few beastman hyperspace gates, and one reticulan.. Thingie.. I have no idea what it was. But I wasn't quite sure if these were breakable or not. I'll try that next I play, thanks ^^

Ed: Sure enough they went apart with some dynamite. I was afraid this might be one of those bugs like, say, my troops falling through the ground and the game freezing on occasion when they try to get up from a crouching position..