Hazard rating scaling up far faster than armor protection.

Daliena

Yeah, I'm back again. I think I may be a bit bad at this game x_x. As the title says, I'm getting enviroment hazards climbing up to 5-6 or even 7 (during the harsher time of day). I've got the hazard suits which sit at enviromental protection of 5 but little defense against the angry locals, and light armor which has kept my guys from being shot to pieces but can't cope with the increased enviromental hazard.

So.. I guess what I'd like to know is what should I do about this. Is there a research path to some better medium or light armor, and if so, what is it? Should I rush terraforming (As I understand that reduces hazard rating. In it's own sector only? Neighbouring areas as well? Planetwide?) Should I just suck it up and get my folks trained in heavy armour (Unappealing option due to being slowed down and losing crouch/prone as well as all the training and manufacturing time).

There is a path right from the start to get heavy suit. Heavy suits are the only viable option. Medium suits are at mid/late game, but nothing can compare to computerized heavy suit (also late game). The first heavy suit is accessible from the same route as light suit (survival techniques + mars simulation building given after survival techniques), but additionally you'll need training center to be able to train soldiers in heavy suit usage. Need suit handling I then after researching heavy suit, you'll get suit handling II (or something similar in name). First heavy suit gives hazazrd rating of 6 (if I remember correctly) then you get better heavy suit but hazard rating will be 4. So at this point you should be putting some terraforming platforms. Remember heavy suits take more space so in tough corridors you have to navigate more. The third gen heavy suit is computerized one. But you need lots of materials for it.

Terraforming also helps but it needs some time. The more terraforming stations you have the faster it will help, but I don't want to spoil ahead.

This game ain't easy but once you learn it, it's great.

This game ain't easy but once you learn it, it's great.

So true. Sole problem is this game is to be learnt from the start each time we stop some months.

It's not the same with Aftershock where you can continue or start a game after some months as it was like yesterday.