Troubles

Lonestar

Troops won't heal? Well, I presume they are at the base where the med bay is, and you haven't paused time or anything like that... :blink:

They don't heal overly fast in RT, though. But a day or so in the med bay should do wonders.

To build a craft? Try producing stuff then selling it. Also sell items in bulk, as they devalue if you put things onto the market gradually. If you don't need much money, you could try raiding and enemy oraganisation for a few grand.

Vehicle workshops repair craft instantly if there is any damage. Med-bays heal at midnight once per day only.

For spare change try buying ALL the Stormdogs on the market. Once they get to base, strip them apart and sell off every part in bulk while they're still at full price. You'll get back a substantial return. Not too much, but possibly enough to pay part of the bill. The biggest return comes from the anti-airguard ammo that comes standard issue with the Stormdogs. Try hoarding the ammo for two weeks or more before selling everything off.

The returns get smaller after every week, but it can still bring in a small profit even when the parts have devalued to 50% of their starting price.

Then there's always building and selling probes, biotrans and explorers. They're quick to build and will ALWAYS sell at twice their production value (the biotrans even has the bio and storage bins for a little bit more cash on the side). Build and sell these a few times and you'll be able to afford an annihilator.

Selling excess equipment helps as well.

- NKF

::sighs::

it just ain't the way it usedta be...back in the good ol' days of UFO and TFTD, prices never changed. And later on in the game, you could get millions (IIRC) per mission from heavy plasmas. Pretty much if you don't sell after every mission, your stores would fill up...

I find if you never sell alien grenades - just build more stores if you need 'em - then if you ever get stretched for cash, you can sell the lot for an impressive return, as they've never been sold before and thus go at a high price.

Are you all joking? Me? In such a high place of authority? Never! Seargenting's for me. Lance-Corporalling wouldn't be so bad either.

I may know my tools and the enemy, I might know a few tricks even, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'd be able to lead effectively. I mean, if I were in command, you'd all be walking tanks armed with BB guns with a Victorinox Swiss Army Knife taped onto the end!

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had this same prob. I had a guy named dave that was wounded with a fatal wound. While trying to heal with a medi kit, the last alien bought the farm and mission ended before the wound was patched up. After that the guy wouldn't heal up at all (waited for over 4 days for him to show any signs of healing but still none). I sent him on another mission and after that he could heal at the med bay as normal.

I hope your not using the x-com rank system, other wise ill be commander :blink:. (kill one alien at the start of things then sit in the back of the landing craft with a psi amp)