Missinons in expedition bases

tomovka

So guys i hava speciall anti reticulan team with 6 4x weps drones, all with gatlings, and it makes a soft reticulan-guts raining over the map. BUT my worst problem is that i must go with atleast one non-AI guy, and he is always getting almost instakill. i have very fast drones but before they get to dat reticulans my humanoid is already dead. Do you know any way to protect from dat annoying psionic damage? your answers will help me a lot :)

There is an item to cover you from psionics (note - it doesn't make you immune). You can also take the rebel grey I think (unless you didn't kill them or at war with them too) - he will be harder to kill too. If it must be human - best it would be medic with Toughness II so he can stay an heal himself when the HP is only red.

The Gatling drones for expedition is no big secret - I would suggest add 1 turtle as some mission may contain mines. Plus you send turtle as fast as possible so the greys will focus him.

There is an item to cover you from psionics (note - it doesn't make you immune). You can also take the rebel grey I think (unless you didn't kill them or at war with them too) - he will be harder to kill too.

The Gatling drones for expedition is no big secret - I would suggest add 1 turtle as some mission may contain mines. Plus you send turtle as fast as possible so the greys will focus him.

i do send instead of turtle one armored with rockets, to soak dat mines and also be more useful :D you mean that cloak? i need only to get some more mats for it :/ and when i send the grey with advanced armor they kill him even faster than humans in heavy suits...

well i put on samantha battle suit and trying to run with her but all my drones died in beastman defend.... sometimes im succesfull sometimes not... need one crystal mine for cloaks but there is no mission which would give it available :(

okay, thanks :) i dont have them researched yet :( and do you have some good tactics vs matriarchs? now i got missinons where are about 6 of them, and even i got full bags of rockets and 4-rocketdrone i still get my squad wiped by them... ( they always jump on me all at once, also tried splitting them with armored drone)

• 1 month later...

I'd do some css for it if it was popular enough. But my link to it hasn't even gotten a reply lol.

I believe plasma does laser damage, and yes they are more accurate than laser rifles. (Laser cannons can 2 shot them as well, but I was referring to laser rifles fully upgraded on big shot).

If I do anything else with the site, it will probably be to add weapon profiles, and the ability to comment on things.

• 6 years later...

After a long period I return to the game again. The Expedition bases (asscrea) hit me with mind controlling ret on top and our team on the tunnel... cant figure out a way to get past, because they are spawned near the edge of the map. Their range cover our running radius so running doesnt escape...

I figure we meet this mission too early. I dont have psi absorber, also doesnt research battle drones yet. So I reload earlier save and not headbutt this mission yet.

EDIT: I leave the Asscrea get conquered by Beastmen and reconquer it, therefore avoiding tough battle with Expedition.

Unfortunately, later on Asscrea still get attacked by EXP. This time it's a platoon of rocket launchers and mind controllers. I count at least 15.

I blame that on my team of 7 with average level too high. And still forget to activate psi absorber tech...

:scratch head:

The combo of RL and mind control is a tough one to break.

EDIT: A semi-counter is terrain and grenades. This time Asscrea is a big hill map. So we stuck 5 guys with full inventory of grenade on the other side of the hill crest, with a Major Leadership Supernatural charisma on this and a spare on this side to act as spotter AND bait. When we discover any in range we throw grenades at that target. Pity the explosions destroy quite a few item like rockets.

Reference: average level of active squad is 17.5. Reticulan corpses are 21.