Top 10 Best Assault Rifles

I Think that AK-47 gets too much praise. People "love" it just because it's cool and terrorists use it. Sure it has powerful bullets and is almost indestructible. But that is it - nothing magical. Take any other weapon that uses 7.62 NATO standard rounds and you have much better gun.

I like the M16s (specially the variant with built-in M203 grenade launcher) because they look cool for me and they are reliable. But If I had an option to get any gun I would definitely want to have MP5 SD

In the game you could carry it like a normal automatic rifle, but you could also use it as a turret. It was great because you could put it around a corner and your opponent would come by and get blasted. You could even mount it on the ceiling.

https://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k490/noxtheroxstar/LTG_zpsf72865f6.png

I Think that AK-47 gets too much praise. People "love" it just because it's cool and terrorists use it. Sure it has powerful bullets and is almost indestructible. But that is it - nothing magical. Take any other weapon that uses 7.62 NATO standard rounds and you have much better gun.

I like the M16s (specially the variant with built-in M203 grenade launcher) because they look cool for me and they are reliable. But If I had an option to get any gun I would definitely want to have MP5 SD

I disagree with this. I believe there is a reason why the AK-47 was and is considered one of the best rifles of all time.

As you said the AK is reliable being able to fire in extremely poor conditions. Also as you said it fires a big round, a very efficient round to take down an enemy or a target(but it is heavier and as a result you wouldn't be able to carry as much). Also to let you know, the 5.56 round is a very deadly round if somebody tells you otherwise and starts talking to you about how it can't take people down, just laugh at them.

The AK is easy to break down and take care of.

And if you wish to go by statistics it is the most bought assault rifle of all time.

Now that being said the M16 and its variants are a good weapon for modern military in my opinion. However it does suffer some reliability issues from what I've read. The lightweight 5.56 bullets allow the modern soldier to carry more ammunition and if it comes down to it outlast their enemy. When people say "Oh 5.5.6 is too small and lacks firepower" they don't really know what they are talking about, as it is a very effective and accurate round.

So my opinion on best assault rifle?

AK-47=M16 for number 1 spot with pros and cons for each.