In the age of Pike and Shot, mighty struggles erupted across Europe for causes religious, political or dynastic. The Thirty Years War raged across Germany and beyond, leaving devastation in its wake, but saw the rise of great commanders such as Count Tilly, Wallenstein and King Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden, and rapid developments in battlefield tactics.
You can take command in the greatest historical battles of the war, fight stand-alone "what-if" scenarios, or design your own scenarios using the easy to use editor.
Advancing to some key features:
• Accurate simulation of battle in the 16th and 17th century Age of Pike and Shot.
• Classic Turn-based, tile based gameplay.
• 20 troop-types, 25 "capabilities" and numerous different unit organisations allow full representation of tactical differences and developments throughout the period.
• Effective AI makes sound tactical decisions. Historical battle AI customised to the historical tactical situation.
• Battalion-sized units.
• Single player and multiplayer modes.
• Stand-alone battle system allows unlimited "what-if" scenarios using historically realistic armies from carefully researched army lists, on realistic computer generated terrain maps.
• Stand-alone scenarios are randomly generated and include open battle, attack on a defensive position, defence of a defensive position, awaiting reinforcements, enemy awaiting reinforcements, flank march.
• Unique graphic style based on 17th century styles and battle paintings.
Ranks are staying tight for now as no word has yet escaped regarding a release date, but morale is high enough that a pair of additional expansions are already planned, which will reportedly allow us to explore the English Civil War and 16th century Italian Wars as well.