Mad, You Say?

Thorondor

The monster will be unleashed. And then nothing and nobody will stand in the way or dispute your conquests and glory. Others may dare attempt equal feat, only to be crushed by the ultimate superiority afforded you by Kerberos Productions' upcoming potential smash hit Kaiju-a-Gogo.

Kaiju-a-gogo is a strategy/action title featuring GIANT MONSTERS. The player takes on the role of a fledgling Mad Scientist who has built the first human-controlled Kaiju in the world. While your rivals race to catch up with your genius and build their own Kaiju to compete with you, you have a five-year-window to use your Kaiju to achieve TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.

Gameplay consists of glorious city-stomping fun, with points and resources gained by smashing every structure still standing and crushing all the armies, navies, police and giant robots that try to stop you. In between attacks, your Kaiju will return to your Secret Lair, and you will allow the monster to rest while you heal and train it with new Abilities.

As your Kaiju grows in size and power, its new Abilities will make it better, stronger, faster and more terrifying than ever before. Each Kaiju in the game will have dozens of possible Abilities, with players able to explore a different set of abilities in each game.

This machiavellianly brilliant project is currently looking for backers to make it a towering, quite real, achievement by all involved in its ongoing Kickstarter push here.

You'd have to be utterly crazy not to fund it really, and crazier still not to fully prepare yourself for its earthshaking, unavoidable release, come Thanksgiving 2014! Mwahahahahaaaaa!!!

Because everything controversial but not disgusting or bending moral code way too much will be generally quite invading. Still I am waiting on 5 or 6 projects from Kickastarter / Indiegogo, so I will pass this one no mater how popular it will be.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, there is little hope left, as the game has two days left and just over a half needed money raised. If you have spare 25k CAD lying around... send them to me! ;)

I'd really love to see Kerberos get back on their feet and this game does look like it might be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

We've seen this happen before, and it is happening again. After not reaching a higher goal on Kickstarter, Kerberos adjusts its aim and shoots at Indiegogo in a flexible campaign. Frankly, with a name of the game being what it is, succeeding on Kickstarter would feel a bit odd. ;) If you wanted the game at KS, there is a chance you may want it anywhere, so join the fun at IGG. And if you didn't want the game there, now is your chance to get it elsewhere.

The flexible campaign means that the developer may take whatever it gets, even if the goal is not met - and is also an insurance that the game will be made! As Kerberos likes to accompany the games with later expansions, you can go for very affordable lifetime subscription and save yourself the hassle of buying each expansion separately.

• 2 weeks later...

Kickstarter campaign and the supporters made it seem as though the new campaign should be a simple routine, yet it turned into a new round of painful raising of necessary funds. Mrs. Arinn Dembo, Producer and Lead Writer for Kaiju-a-gogo, may has found the reasons behind the phenomena and wants to clear this up with previous pledgers.

Recently a very good friend spoke to me privately about the current Kerberos crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo. Specifically, he was telling me that he was not surprised that so few of the people who had supported our Kickstarter Campaign were following our team to support our game on a different crowdfunding platform.

I had said that I couldn’t understand why less than 20% of our former supporters were still willing to pitch in, when we had actually found a way to offer them a better deal for their support. And what he told me…truly alarmed me.

He said that people didn’t actually believe that we needed their support.

Our Kickstarter failed, and we found a reason to persevere and came up with a new plan that would still allow us to make a game. And they assumed that because we were willing to do that, it must mean that crowdfunding doesn’t really make a difference to us!

He also told me that this false assumption was specifically my fault. Because I misspoke myself somehow, in an interview. I was too positive about things. I was trying to find a reason to be happy or upbeat about something pretty awful--a failed Kickstarter. But by putting ANY positive spin on a bad situation (“It’s a good promotional opportunity for a small team like us!”), I had somehow convinced people that their crowdfunding dollars were not needed, that Kerberos would be just fine without them.

No, folks. We are not fine without you.

Without your support, we suffer a great deal and we have to rack up debts to continue working.

Read the whole explanation and plea in the newest update at either Kickstarter or IndieGoGo.

Well, they still haven't finished Ground Pounders (or I've missed coming out of beta info or forgot about it) and I've still haven't received my Lore Book from that campaign. The last info about Lore book was in April and we have July now.

Also my "gaming plan" is booked for at least 2 years in advance....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...