Hammer PKs vs US pks

Ichthyic

I'm on the very last mission; assault version.

I noticed there are some new "Hammer" pks, that basically are just the "Axis" pks from S2.

I decided to compare them all, mark for mark.

designations I will use are based on those used for S2:

"US" = the first basic kind you can get, with 260hps and swappable wep slots

"THO" = the ones you have to kill the driver to get, with 350hps and fixed wep slots

"Axis" = the ones with open heads (with german helmets), with 300hps and swappable wep slots.

first off, there are no differences to stat boosts for any of the PK types i have tested (US, "THO", and "Axis")

however... the heavier units (the THO and Axis) move more slowly than the US (260hps).

I've tested this over and over and over again, on different terrain types.

it is sure as day, the heavier the PK, the slower it moves. It is readily apparent even between the 260hp and 300hp versions. The 350s move even slightly more slowly than the 300s, but not as noticeably as between the 260 and 300. The difference between a 350 and a 260 is about 20% movement rate, and between the 260 and 300 it's about 15%. It adds up on large maps.

if you are like me, and are more offensive minded than defensive, and think PKs already move too slowly.... I'd stick with the 260hp versions for the 20% bonus over the heavier models in move rate.

If you play defensively; setting up traps for close range fighting, you would be better off with the heavier units.

for fun, there actually are stealth "scout" versions of the US pks you can summon for your use. they have the same hps and move rates as the other US pks, but you can actually go stealth in them and hide!

if you want to try it out..... (scroll down for spoiler)

First, enable the cheat mode in the config file in your sentinels director (just search online for "cheat codes silent storm sentinels)

next, go camp somewhere outdoors.

open the console with the tilde key (it's over the tab key on most US keyboards)

type:

summonunit 318

that is the old scout class pk unit from s2, but works fine and dandy in s3.

some other models to choose from:

US units:

317 - US unit, with shark mouth painted on front

319 - basic US unit with shKas

THO units:

320 - LZ energy blasters, black with red cross on front

321 - Gatling gun, black

322 - Gatling gun, red

544 - AGS rocket, black

549 - LZ energy, black with skeleton on front

482 - LZ energy, red

483 - AGS rocket, red

the game will summon those right in front of you while you are on a camp screen, or where you start on any mission. all are completely useable in game.

• 5 months later...