game crashes entering "Stash" mission

Ichthyic

I've never had this game crash before, unlike s2, which crashed frequently on almost any large mission map.

however, I cannot even start the stash mission (egypt). every time I try to enter the mission, the game crashes.

i have done all the random missions, and the secret base, up to this point.

I tried to see if it was the robot causing the problem, so I killed it. nope. still crash.

dismissed all of my team BUT the robot and shadow. no good.

tried freeing inventory space to see if a hidden item was trying to be placed... nope.

anyone else get this crash?

any ideas?

EDIT:

I figured it out; I had manually added Cookies Character Mod to a savegame wayyyyyy back towards the start of the game, and forgot it was broken. never caused any problems until now. removing it solved the crash issue.

• 7 months later...

Sorry for necro-reviving this old topic but it seems I have ran into the same issue! sad.png

Unfortunately, I am not even using Cookie's mod so I have no idea what should be the culprit.

My setup is:

Blunter's mod 2.3

Ammo and Weapon names fixes

Random Storm Encounter mod

My own tweaks where I only fixed some spelling errors in the Strings section (and edited the starting appearance of my Grenadier)

Tried removing it one by one, experimenting with different orders, nada. Still crashes.

Anyone?

As far as I know, Blunters mod does not work with Random Storm, so you should not use that together, as for weapon name fixes, Blunters mod already covers that so thats not needed. Try using Blunters mod by itself without any other mods.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! I probably wasn't thorough enough before - getting rid of the Weapon name fixes solved the problem. Many thanks! smile.png

P.S.: Although how exactly doesn't the Encounter mod work with Blunter's? I am halfway through the game and didn't encounter any serious problems so far. No pun intended.

Well, when I used Random Strom with Blunters mod, several of the mercs where messed up as well as certain outfits etc. The newest version of the Blunters mod already adds new encounters to the game anyway so there is no reason to use Random Storm.