Help desperately needed fot tactical phase

Scipione

Maybe I'm dumb, but I can't get my soldier to shoot back automatically or when an enemy is in sight. The good old "overwatch"... is it in the game or not? There is a button labeled "watch" but nothing happens. And it seems there is no difference in the using any of the stances. They stand still under fire until you order them to shoot or move. Is this the way it is supposed to be?

Thanks

Thank you for the information. So you have to tell soldiers every little thing and micromanage them, I guess.

Can you further explain the other buttons in the soldier interface? Or tell me where I can find documentation? My version from Steam had no manual, no nothing. I found a Pdf called manual on the Internet but was very scarce.

Welle I found the manual on the Internet, but it does not explain in detail tactical combat. Actually it is pretty useless: 15 little pages of chit-chat.

For example what's the use of the button "attack"? Soldiers do not attacck enemy in sight unless told so. Is there a way to tell them to move to the point from where they can attack? I mean: chase 'em down. Don't tell me that you can select a location and then an attack to a specific enemy, because by the time they get there the enemy has already moved, and you have to start the planning routine again.

Thanks for any help

Well, we are talking about Afterlife not Aftershock. But if tactical game is the same, I'm going to look for that manual. Anyway, I'd appreciate links and precise explanations.

I can do without scolding and intelligent remarks like "read the manual you have" when I don't have it.

Aftershock and Afterlight are identically the same games when in case of combat (except Afterlight is far more superior and less buggy).

The said attack button is like attack ground. Useful for explosive weapons like rocket launchers, grenades. There are missions that orders you to destroy certain object and if you don't have dynamite that option is for you.

And ERISS - my manual from GoG is 4MB with said 15 pages of chit-chat. However the Aftershock is somewhat bigger so as ERISS said - download the Aftershock manual. The combat UI is the same for both games (well almost, the buttons have same options).

Sorry Scipiona, I don't know why I always thought about Aftershock here. Yes, find the AS manual, there should be your missing comments in.

(Afterlight may be superior, and do is far less buggy, but I no longer play it, and I play always and still now with Aftershock.)

Thanks all. I guess I've figured out the tactical interface.

Still, it would have been nice a bit more subtlety, like "react to fire" or "shoot everything you see", or at least "aggressive/defensive stance", like in other real time combat games.

Is there any way to mod this?

Well now, search for modding tutorial - should be here in the files section on one of the series. All games use the same engine so modding should be identical and hop to it.

And no - in this game you don't want to fire on sight since sometimes on sight the ACC is like 0% - you'll be more cursing that your men fire on each other more often than needed.

This game require more micromanagement than any other RTS. That is why you have interactive pause, which doesn't make this game full RTS.