Some problems with creating my own mod

Olekman

Hello everybody!

After playing Silent Storm, I came to a conclusion that engineer's explosives are a bit underpowered and they aren't as good for demolitions as they should be, in my opinion. I've decided to tweak it a bit to fit my own tastes. I did everything that was said in the modding guides, that is created a copy of the original game database, changed few lines in the tables that I wanted etc.

I created the game.db as instructed and placed it in a separate folder with the name of my mod, but the changes that I made don't appear in-game. For example, I intentionally changed the name of Hexogen and it doesn't show-up any different when I load my modified save.

Each time I open my mod's file with blueshell Data Guy, the changes are there. What can I be doing wrong?

Other than that, I'd like to know how to create my own weapon. Where I can find the textures of guns in the inventory? What lines do I need to add and where?

In RPGItems table under the corresponding Hexogen ID. This table covers all 'estetical' parameters of the item - its strings, sizes and position in interface, cost, weight (for throwing distance, btw) and other values.

Does it have to be the Strings table or StringsTree? Because I can't edit anything in Strings for some reason and when I try to get to the Hexogen's ID in StringsTree, I get some errors with Data Guy. The number is pretty high, almost 17 thousand, and I get the error around first thousand.

I initially thought that handling was used to determine the time needed to prepare the gun for the first shot. But it seems that it gouverns something accuracy-dependent.

What it actually does i have no idea, but i still assume that handling depends on weapon mass.