Most damage done with one shot

Nightshade

You know the superhuman map near the base site opposite the 'X-Com' Recyclotorium (mid-west section of map)? Nearby there's a government slum complex you can buy as one of your potential base sites. It's huddled in between two other huge slum buildings.

Guess what I used to knock all three structures down?

A GLM array missile. Not the tank missile, but the weaker version that comes standard issue on the APC's. I'd sent out the APC for additional air support. Just as it left the building it opened fire on the closest UFO before it even cleared the entrance. Naturally, the rocket hit the level above it and all three buildings collapsed.

In this case, since the three buildings are practically joined together, it was really just one building. But it was owned by three different companies (including myself/govt).

APC and the base were decimated instantly.

Impressive display... though it's not surprising. A Mega Primus slum block would probably fall over with a gentle breeze. :blink:

- NKF

• 3 weeks later...

you mean the walkways? nah, the walkways just fall down. the next building is left unscathered. btw, incase you didn't know, on the maps where there are highways, if you noticed that when your craft--or any craft for that--flies over, the shadow is acutally one big flat thing if you get what i mean. so you start to go over the highway, there is no shadow, it appears suddenly, with a partshadow in mid air, and vice-cersa at the end.

edit: my apologies, i should say that shadow still apears if you go under the bridge, but the above still applies: it happens on anything. ie buildings etc

Edited by Ki-tat Chung

• 14 years later...
Guess what I used to knock all three structures down?

A GLM array missile. Not the tank missile, but the weaker version that comes standard issue on the APC's. I'd sent out the APC for additional air support. Just as it left the building it opened fire on the closest UFO before it even cleared the entrance. Naturally, the rocket hit the level above it and all three buildings collapsed.

In this case, since the three buildings are practically joined together, it was really just one building. But it was owned by three different companies (including myself/govt).

APC and the base were decimated instantly.

Impressive display... though it's not surprising. A Mega Primus slum block would probably fall over with a gentle breeze. blink.png

- NKF

This just happened to me, although I wasn't the one who did it. A Megapol police car opened fire on an Osiron vehicle coming out of George Orwell Block (the northernmost of the three buildings). It missed, and the building came down. So did Thomas More Tower (the middle one, which you can buy) and Dickens Estate (the southern one, owned by Diablo).

Unfortunately, Thomas More Tower was my base, and this occurred at 12:05 on Tuesday 7th March - five minutes after the game started. 100% casualties, and the entrance blocked so I couldn't even access the base with ground vehicles without them exploding. I called it a day and had a Phoenix Hovercar fire a Bolter into the ruins, which immediately gave me the Game Over screen the moment it hit (maybe it only checks for base destruction if the building's actually under attack? IDK).

Note to self: Thomas More Tower is a fine, spacious building, but it's a terrible base. Megapol firing at gang vehicles leaving their buildings is actually a really common occurrence, and if a single shot to another building can level your base... brr.

I don't recall slums being nearly that flimsy on Novice. It might be the height of the buildings, as the horizontal propagation seems to require a certain number of z-levels collapsing next to it. The Superhuman slums are much, much higher than the Novice ones.