Hardest enemies

Nightshade

Biodrones. Brain. Burn floor. No stealth. Explody.

Since I suggested pairing the aliens, I might as well get the ball rolling and make up a random lineup. Right then we'll work our way through the tiers to the top. How's that? This is a blatant attempt at getting everyone to use their imagination, and maybe promote a bit more participation. :blink:

Sectoid vs Spitter

Floater vs Deep-One

Calcinite vs Reaper

Triscene vs Sectopod

Cyberdisc vs Popper

Brainsucker vs Celatid

Megaspawn vs Muton

Lobsterman vs Multiworm (hyperworms are part of the package)

Ethereal vs Skeletoid

Queenspawn vs Chryssalid

Psimorph vs Xarquid

Silacoid vs Biodrone

Gillman vs Snakeman

Tentaculat vs Floater

Tasoth vs Anthropod

Micronoid aggregate vs hallucinoid

Aquatoid vs er, Multiworm egg.

UFO male civilian vs TFTD islander vs Apocalypse Lady with Yellow Hat vs any Enforcer civilian ... er, scratch that.

The overspud does not count, since it would just squash everyone else. Nor do the multiworm eggs in any of their life cycle stages, except when we need to even off the pairings. I sincerely do NOT want to see the chryssalis (note spelling) end up at the top of the heap. :)

I'm sure I've missed some of the aliens.

Assume tool-weilding aliens use the best possible weapon in their respective technology arsenal, and imagine how they would fare against each other in a turn based system with their respective capabilities. Unless of course you just want to have them go into an all-out melee.

Vote away. Votes to be tallied at the end of each week.

Eh, forget it. I'm just bored, and I'm trying to pracrastinate from installing a computer game I just KNOW is going to give me no end of grief.

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aquatoid vs sectoid

chrissalid vs tentaculat

ethereal vs psimorph

megaspawn vs cyberdisk (note, MEGA, not OVER)

oh what the heck, lets go all out scifi pairups!

brainsucker vs headcrabs (:blink: this would be interesting....they might even crossbreed...)

lobsterman vs preditor (actually, i think this wold be quite interesting...im assuming the lobbie is more agile/faster/swifter/etc than we think/see in the game. the preditor might have really good weapons, but the lobbie has think armour, half damage modifier [lol...hahayes, this applies]. what do *you* think?)

• 3 weeks later...

I'd go for TFTD, after all, lobbies are bloody difficult to kill even with gauss cannons, so you better have sonics researched and I don't mean pistols. Tentaculant... I HATE the freaking thing!!!! it can move very far, doesn't require much TU for attack and is durable enough against everything except sonic cannon or heavy thermal lance. Not to mention so HUGE maps you could wander around them for decades. Tasoth were a nuisance too, I mean I had to put a squad together that had MC strenght above 90 just to be able to deal with them. After that it's much easier.

Apoc way way too easy in real time, just put them in a defensive position, send one guy out to lure enemy in and watch the bullets fly. Every now and then you'd get somebody with launcher, but hey, that's why you have that one guy up front, right?

UFO was... great but easy... sometimes funny (especially when seeing your troops in alien alloy armour, they look so... funny). Muttons weren't that difficult to kill as lobbies.

Ufo Enemy Unknown with the patch (or CE version) where the difficulty bug is fixed is the hardest. In tftd it's so damn easy to get MC lab and mc disruptor.

Live deep one is the easiest thing to get, live tasoth you get if you get to alien base and stun the tasoth nearest your triton and bring it in and take off. Then the game is too easy.

Apoc is ridiculously easy at combat but tough in the cityview in superhuman. Well, easier than ufo enemy unknown still.

Ufo enemy unknown is the hardest. You really have to play for a long time before you can get the needed alien for PSI lab and PSI amp. But when you get it, this game gets very easy too..

In tftd it's so damn easy to get MC lab and mc disruptor.

You must be playing the patched verison then. Mine ain't like that, mine has a really messed tech tree, UFO has a easier one. And ya if you go to a mission knock out the required alien then leave, of course it's going to be easy. Heck on the unpatched version on superhuman about the only way to get mag ion armour is to knock out a lobbie navigator(think that's the one) and then haul butt outta the battle, cause if you don't the loss of men is going to be to high.

Sectoid vs Spitter <--- Sectoid, hands down. Spitters are stupid and inaccurate.

Floater vs Deep-One <--- Floater. It's much more nimble

Calcinite vs Reaper <-- Calcinite. Reaper would hurt the teeth on the shell.

Triscene vs Sectopod <-- Sectopod. They look cooler

Cyberdisc vs Popper <-- Cyberdisc. It would just float up and shoot down.

Brainsucker vs Celatid <-- Brainsucker in TB, Celatid in RT :blink:

Megaspawn vs Muton <-- Megaspawn. Disruptor guns AND dimension missile launchers pwn Mutons

Lobsterman vs Multiworm (hyperworms are part of the package) <-- I refuse to vote. Hyperworms are what make the multiworm dangerous.

Ethereal vs Skeletoid <-- Close one this. Skeletoid have psi-resistance, but who knows. I'd be prone to say Skeletoid, as it can take mroe gunshots.

Queenspawn vs Chryssalid <-- Chryssalid. The queenspawn can't bloody move

Psimorph vs Xarquid <-- Xarquid. Too stupid to be mind controlled

Silacoid vs Biodrone <-- Duh. Biodrone

Gillman vs Snakeman <-- Gillman. Just generally better

Tentaculat vs Floater <-- Well, since a floater would drown underwater, this battle would have to take place above ground, where the Floater would win.

Tasoth vs Anthropod <-- Anthropod. Just like a human really

Micronoid aggregate vs hallucinoid <-- Egh, I'd say hallucinoid, just.

Aquatoid vs er, Multiworm egg. <-- MULTIWORM EGG!

Well, the Chysallid could probably take the blast. Failing that, I reckon it could strike before the popper got it's act together and exploded.

Besides, I thought it was a race. The Chys has a heck of a drag speed, even high reaction troops have trouble nailing it. But poppers get hit with stun grapples all the time.

hmm had the most problems with Terror... apoc it hit a point (when you get disruptor armor) that you are nigh invincible if properly used. UFO was fairly hard whith the chrysilads and the Etheriels but again you hit a point and you just shrug it off... in Terror... bio drones and Lobstermen just...just.... kill me everytime no matter what. takes a few hits to knock them down and more just pop up... *sighs* anyways i think ill try playing that again soon... stupid win xp...

nah a blaster bomb or a disruptor torpedo would just kinda kill it :blink: hell even a bio drone... i haaaaate bio drones >_<

EDIT:

what i would like to see is a 1v1 with no weapons. just to see which one takes over the other one.

• 1 month later...

Apoc aliens would win hands down. Nothing can compare to a Popper/Brainsucker stampede. Add to that some nasty gadgets like cloaking fields, teleporters, personal shields, brainsucker launchers etc. I am frankly suprised the apoc aliens didn't develop some kind of popper catapult, those sick sick aliens..

However, i think TFTD gets my nomination for hardest game. Tentaculats suck.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll say UFO. I just can't shake this image I have of whoever came up with the TFTD races just throwing darts at a dart board with peices of paper stuck on that have random attruibutes on.

Designer-type-guy: Throws dart, hits TENTACULAT

DTG: "Is like a..." *throws another dart*, gets CHRYSSALID

DTG: "Except it can..." *another dart hits the paper with FLY"

The popper alien has to be the most annoying alien during the early stages of the game.

It's really frightening if a popper or two manages to get behind your squad when your shooting at aliens on the other side of the room.

The multiworm is also a nasty alien, during early stages of the game.

Later on, yeah they aren't so nasty, but it's like that with UFO and tftd when you can just mind control everyone so they can't even move! (yeah it's cheating I know)