List of items of this ['profession' equipment] type

laclongquan

This info is getting from datamining the equipment viewer files in Files section, it contain equipment.txt. I dont know how to extract my current text, so I use this source.

Preface: by all mean I am just extracting these from the files. I dont mess around in item database or anything. SO if there's anything amiss dont hesitate to correct me.

Commando equipment: Blowpipe/Airgun (two hand) Katana (twohand) Shuriken (onehand) and Snickersnee (one hand)

Heavy Equipment: Heavy Armor, M60E3. PKM, Wargot plasma rifle, Warp Resonator,

Rocket Equipment: 20mm HK, Law, RPG7, Reticulan Launcher, Reticulan Plasma Cannon, Wargot grenade launcher, Grenade Launcher (underbarrel accessory), Underbarrel Plasma Launcher (accessory), All two hand.

Sniper Equipment: Laser Sniper Rifle, Barret, MSG90, SR25, Sonic Gun, I will note that the sniping scope has been fixed in one patch that remove its requirement of this ability. All two hand

Scout Equipment: Doppler Scanner, Heartbeat Scanner, Infra Vision, Group Cloak, Personal Cloak, Sound Absorber, Spirit Vision accessory for helmet, Wargot Doppler Scanner,

From these we can see Sniper is now a dedicated job, You just dont venture into that field unless you plan to tote a sniper rifle. No reason otherwise.

Scout's Doppler Scanner is pretty useful in my early game, as it's pretty noticable when I dont use one in missions. if the buggers move, I will detect it. A stealthy Scout can detect those moving sources and point that out to sniper group. The barretts are getting a nice workout. And if you want to draw their notice, nothing like a sniping bullet fly by to attract them. DScanner is certainly more useful that Psi vision of the Psionics in the group. IT certainly justify ditching a X8 to carry this and a pistol.The scout is not much used otherwise because the scanner can be click for continuous run, so we loss that firepower. Most suitable for a leader, or a medic.