How to mod a S2 animation?

gijon999

Hi! First post.

I've looked at the forums about the animations of the S2 German Soldier (I'm sure everyone knows he shoots SMGs sideways and machineguns with one arm, rambo-style.) Looks like it's not a bug, but I REALLY don't like to have that, is there a way to change the soldier's animations?

Hi! First post.

I've looked at the forums about the animations of the S2 German Soldier (I'm sure everyone knows he shoots SMGs sideways and machineguns with one arm, rambo-style.) Looks like it's not a bug, but I REALLY don't like to have that, is there a way to change the soldier's animations?

Assigning a custom class to that unit eliminates sideways animations.

Here is a tiny S^2 mod I made a few months ago for Okim:

Side Leaning Gone

(MediaFire, rar)

I tested it in the game. It seemed to work fine.

Btw, "Blunter Mod v 2.3" for 'Sentinels' eliminates those as well.

Let me know if it works for you.

~Blunter~

Thank you very much!

If it is not too much trouble to ask, how did you do it? What would I have to do to apply the animation fixes to the changed axis uniforms mod? Using the two causes no trouble, but resets the soldier skin to default.

You're welcome, gijon999.

Technically, it's not a "fix", since I didn't change anything in animations. The reason why the side leaning is gone is because 'special' animations are 'attached' to specific class ID. If a custom class with a different ID is created it doesn't have those by default. Thus, characters assigned those custom classes don't show side leaning animations.

To reproduce it you'd need:

1) a working editor and 2) MS Access

a --- create a new class in Classes editor tab

b --- assign that class to the characters in Pers editor tab

c --- open dbo_RPGClass table and enter the PerkTreeID you want that new class to use (MS Access)

d --- restart the editor for the database changes to register

e --- 'build' your mod (with the little hammer button) to make it usable.

I am not familiar with "axis uniforms mod". If its creator simply enabled 'can be listed' (IIRC) in the Pers tab for the extra uniform models to become available - I don't see why it should affect the classes or the animations... ???

~Blunter~

No, the mod I'm referring to is https://www.strategyc...ehrmacht-skins/ it changes several axis' squad members' default uniforms The soldier model is replaced and looks like this https://imgur.com/nKTzvLS.png

I've looked up the editor, and installed MS SQL 2005, but all modding instructions seem outdated (I'm on Win7 x64) I've installed a load of other things, but most of them don't even work because they are too outdated.

No, the mod I'm referring to is https://www.strategyc...ehrmacht-skins/ it changes several axis' squad members' default uniforms The soldier model is replaced and looks like this https://imgur.com/nKTzvLS.png

I've looked up the editor, and installed MS SQL 2005, but all modding instructions seem outdated (I'm on Win7 x64) I've installed a load of other things, but most of them don't even work because they are too outdated.

What I was refering to was that I didn't know what the mod creator actually changed (since the changes mentioned in the ReadMe files are rarely the only ones that were made). If they changed body models (only), applying custom class mod should not reverse the models to their originals... (At least that's my current understanding of how it works.)

BTW, Novik, the creator of Hammer and Sickle mentioned something about Win7 editor exe changes that would make it possible to run the editor using that OS. Here is the link to the relevant Steam discussion: Mod tools?

~Blunter~