great start first month,

Evil Beejeebers

Hi all,

I am really bad at TFTD but I managed to capture 1 aqautoid leader, 2 deep ones. I research the leader first then one of the deep ones. I think I may have made a mistake by researching the deep one? do I research the dead aliens first?

My tech is not as good as normal, but I started with a fairly talented bunch of aquanauts which has made up for the slow tech rate. do I beeline M.C labs or should I get gauss and armour first?

I'd go for Sonic weapons first (pulsers being first) and then go for armor.

Just be sure to research items in correct order (armor - IBA and Aqua armor first, Deep one terrorist last; MC - be sure to have MC reader in stores before you finish MC Lab research).

• 2 weeks later...

Weapon-wise, you won't be bumping into Lobstermen too soon so Gauss Pistols, Gauss Rifles and Gas Cannons/HE are decent weapons to keep you going for a bit. Do go for the Sonic Pulser as soon as early as you can.

Ion Armor is a very good research topic to give priority. But if you're just starting out, you are not likely to have enough resources to properly invest in enough suits for the whole team. Still, it's a good idea to get the work started. That way you will have access to the basic Plastic Aqua Armor which is easy to mass produce, and the live Deep-One will net you the option to divert your research onto the the MC Lab, If you have an MC Reader in storage, go for it. Being able to screen troops of their MC strength early is a real time saver.

- NKF

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

I am really bad at TFTD but I managed to capture 1 aqautoid leader, 2 deep ones. I research the leader first then one of the deep ones. I think I may have made a mistake by researching the deep one? do I research the dead aliens first?

My tech is not as good as normal, but I started with a fairly talented bunch of aquanauts which has made up for the slow tech rate. do I beeline M.C labs or should I get gauss and armour first?

Research a Deep One Corpse to open the armour tree. If you don't have one, get one. Research your live Deep One only after having Plastic Aqua Armour and Ion Beam Accelerators. Don't worry, though, you shouldn't have broken anything by researching a Deep One early; you just need another one (which you have).

Squad Leaders are only useful for filling out the UFOpaedia at the end. The only Squad Leader worth capturing alive is a Tasoth (for M.C. Disrupters), and a Tasoth Soldier works just as well for that.

Gauss is okay but nonessential. Get it if you want. If you don't want to use Gauss weapons, grab the Sonic Pistol ASAP as a replacement. You'll eventually need to research all the Sonic weapons and their clips in order to unlock the Sonic Oscillator craft weapon.

Pack some method of defeating Lobster Men on board the Triton. You never know when you'll first encounter them; they can show up very early on occasion. Methods include Thermal Tazers, Thermal Shok Launchers, and drills.

M.C. Labs are okay but you'll need an M.C. Reader in storage before you research them. If you're using Gauss weapons it's not a huge deal to screen early so long as you grab Ion Armour (Ion Armour is effectively immune to Gauss weaponry). It's not like UFO where you're on a ticking clock until the Ethereals show up; there isn't that much mind control in TFTD.

All that said, Transmission Resolvers are probably what I'd beeline first. They're great.