Is there a time limit ??

Negator

Thought I was heading to only my second I/I win, but a FUBAR in the overseer ship mission killed one of my Doubletapping Snipers and I only had one left. I lost my only heavy and my savior medic too. I like 2 DTS's for the final mission for the last room, the rest I can do without.

While building up another I lost my remaining DTS and am now about to enter February 2016 in my game. I'm having trouble with Etheral/Muton Elite combos that finish this mission, and there seems to be abug where if the last monster on a map is an etheral that controls one of youir guys, you lose the guy when the etheral dies, but I'm not sure about this.

Either way multiple rockets from new heavies are making some progress now that I don't need the spaceship bits any more.

How long do I have before I need to do the last missions ? At this rate I'm looking at early 2016 (nearly 2 years after game start)....

About the only real limit is in the panic management and keeping the funding nations happy enough that you don't get shut down by the Council. You can otherwise take as much time as you need between researching the priority research topics to move the plot forward.

I must have spent a couple in-game years holding off the final research topic. By the time I decided to launch the end-game mission, I had more fully trained gifted soldiers than I knew what to do with. :D

- NKF

Thanks for the help guys..

Eventually I'm sure I'll train up a new squad faster than I get them killed off, so no time limit is good.

Since this might be my first African win I don't think I'll run out of patience.-

I'm still playing "Unknown", haven't forked out for "Within" yet, in fact I haven't even played Slingshot yet !!