How to get a live Overspawn?

Stun Grenade

I discoverd an bug or s.th. like that, that sometimes the overspawn in the ufos which chrashed in Megacity, only stnd on their place and don't do anything on enemycontact. So I managed it do stun one of them with the Megapol Stunrifle (sorry, but I dont know the english word for it.

KJaneway

You mean the stun grapple?

Er, that's a battlescape weapon. The overspawn is a cityscape unit.

---

Officially, there's no proper way of stunning them. However, that's not to say that it's impossible. It can be done - but there's no obvious method for capturing one alive. At least, those who've actually captured them before don't even know how it happened.

It's one of the few aliens that don't really matter at all for your research - but I guess that's not the point, is it? The whole point is the very act of capturing it.

- NKF

I dont think that they can be captured live, I mean LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THEM!!!!!!!! :o

Anyway, in reality how would u stun one? you would need a rather large stun grenade and/or stun grapple. Then theres the matter of building an overspawn sized containment cell.

One containment unit is enough. You just have to kick everything out of there first. Everything. You cannot even wedge a brainsucker pod in there.

I know, the scale is all wrong. The overspawn is the size of a decent sized building, wheras your containment pod would probably only be large enough to contain one foot.

- NKF

Well, there are entries in paedia for both dead and alive Overspawns, but personally I don't see any way to capture them alive. Moreover, when I've played the game, I haven't even meet one.

Anyway, in reality how would u stun one? you would need a rather large stun grenade and/or stun grapple. Then theres the matter of building an overspawn sized containment cell.

Ha, maybe the research is done in field while shooting it with Stasis Bombs? :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
Look on XCommand site under the Apocalypse, UfoPaedia, Aliens headings. There should be the descriptions for both, and I think those are taken directly from the game text. Unfortunately, I haven't Apoc for the moment, so I can't tell you where to look in the files.

* ponders *

I remember Tammy catching an overspawn! :)

* ponders more *

It may have a stun gauge... what about those stasis missiles? Once I heard Tammy got one, I was going to try too, to fill that wretched 'pedia... never got around to it... :blink:

My guess is it would be treated much like a downed UFO, come to think of it... get the damage so low, but not low enough to destroy it... in that case, you would want to deal it some, but then just bug it with a hoverbike- (I do not lke my ISP, there goes the connection again) -untill it "crashes", as such. Then pick it up with a ship, like a ufo.

:)

Am I just rambling? :)

The question would be, who'll be dragging who? :blink:

I just can't get by the fact that your soldiers are such efficient packrats. I'm baffled by their sheer ingenuity. I mean, who else is smart enough to pack 1000 points worth of equipment/corpses/aliens into modules that can only take 50 units of their respective types....

What's in those storage/bio modules? Portals to an interdimensional pocket universe?

I can just imagine stuffing an overspawn into the luggage compartment...

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...