"yellow" bases taken by starghosts

bagatur

I have a question regarding bases that belong to starghosts. At some point in game, one of my bases turned yellow and switched to starghosts. There was no failed mission there, nothing. I think it was a triggered event in the game. I understand that I cannot recapture the base.

But lately I have been keeping myself entertained by fighting cultists all the time. There is no new research or manufacturing anymore, just Laputan research which takes forever and this is also a good way to level up my soldiers.

Anyway, sometimes when I capture the last cultist's base, one of the respawned cultists' bases is that particular base which belongs to starghosts. My question is - does that starghost base have any importance? Would the game be unfinishable, like the last Cultist base bug, if I retake the Cultist base spawned over the Starghost and it happens to be under my control now, not back to Starghosts? Will there be any key missions in it in the future?

Right now, I am researching "Putting pieces together" or whatever it is called, there is no other research. Ive researched all Starghost autopsies, including the Death Pillar.

I don't want to be the messenger of doom, but I think that one territory of starghosts is needed. But it is so long time enough that I don't remember. Considering that this game has been "half" fixed I wouldn't recommend playing with cultists even after the infamous Pillar of Death. I might ask a question that could potentially be spoiler to you.

If I remember correctly the star ghosts appear after your mission in the Wargots warship right? There is also one mission of rescuing the Good Reticulans. Did you had it? Or was this mission prior to invading Wargots... don't remember.

I would advise of not attacking cultists until you research that last project. If you leave the cultists with base province you should see plenty of attacks either way without attacking yourself.

Normally after the Pillar of Death you could leave the cultists with one province that isn't a province and forget that they exist.

And to get powerful units you can always trade plenty for resources and then exchange that resource for a recruit. The more you have the better the recruit can be and by this time you should have a team of full pros that they only get XP for the sake of getting XP.

lately I have been keeping myself entertained by fighting cultists all the time. There is no new research or manufacturing anymore, just Laputan research which takes forever and this is also a good way to level up my soldiers.

Yes, devs should put a warning about the very long research time, like there were a countdown for UFO arrival.

At some point in game, one of my bases turned yellow and switched to starghosts. There was no failed mission there, nothing. I think it was a triggered event in the game. I understand that I cannot recapture the base.

Anyway, sometimes when I capture the last cultist's base, one of the respawned cultists' bases is that particular base which belongs to starghosts.

Respawned cultists is not a bug, they have just dispatched and take back some of your base by propaganda. The better is to let them own one last base, the poorer you can, and surround it with big Knowledge bases (or full with Secret Service buildings) on borders if you don't want to take time fighting expanding Cultists back.

Does that starghost base have any importance? Would the game be unfinishable, if I retake the Cultist base spawned over the Starghost and it happens to be under my control now, not back to Starghosts? Will there be any key missions in it in the future?

I don't remember. I know you must at least do successfully one Starghost Pilliar mission.

I guess I wont risk it then. Of course it can happen that if I beat the cultists, the base will still belong to starghosts, but I dont want to spend time finding out :)

I did rescue the Reticulans. I have had a few Pillar of Death missions and have researched Pillar of Death autopsy already.

My team is way above 10th level, which is the highest level recruit you can get from other factions with the best relationship with them. I just do it for fun now. I could just rush through to the end, doing the rare starghost missions and waiting for the research to be done, but I have been building my team for awhile, and now I just want to have some fun action :).

Right now, I am researching "Putting pieces together" or whatever it is called,
I just do it for fun now. I could just rush through to the end, doing the rare starghost missions and waiting for the research to be done, but I have been building my team for awhile, and now I just want to have some fun action smile.png.

You should be near the end of the game. That's long but that's good :)

I've always a game running, I play almost everyday since many years. I dream about a good remake of the game.. the same with completed or added features (from Aftermath and Afterlight), more beautiful (but with trashy past AM mood, not cartoon; with nice jewelry for Psionics, etc)