Leader bonus not working?

ender

Planned out my group build for a Super Human playthrough. Expected my level 2 leader with super heroic Enemy skill to turn my team into destruction incarnate with that juicy +80% damage bonus. Instead I'm seeing no change. Is this a known bug or am I misunderstanding/misusing the leader bonus? I can see the "Soldier gets bonus to Enemy skill" on the portrait of the other soldiers.

On a related note, does the special Psionic equipment work right? I'm a few days off from getting it and I was planning on making an entirely psionic team to utilize all of those nice bonuses. It would be a bummer if they turn out not to be working either.

Expected my level 2 leader with super heroic Enemy skill to turn my team into destruction incarnate with that juicy +80% damage bonus. Instead I'm seeing no change. Is this a known bug or am I misunderstanding/misusing the leader bonus? I can see the "Soldier gets bonus to Enemy skill" on the portrait of the other soldiers.

It does not add the leader Enemy skill to others, it gives it to those who have a smaller bonus, only replacying it with the skill level of the leader.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering about the same thing. I got a leader only for the bonus to enemy skill, and my soldiers deal the same damage with or without the leader in the vicinity. So does anyone have any confirmation of this?

BTW how did you get 80% estimate? Is it 16% per each level above Average?

As to the OP's question about psionics' equipment, the ones I use seem to work. TrueShot vambraces show additional LongRange level when on. I noticed when they have the Protection Collar one, my soldiers have an icon showing that they have 1.3 bonus to Psi defense, and even 1.69 bonus when two psionics are around. But then again, they also have an icon when a leader is around, so who knows.

As for the Damage Collar, it does give a bonus damage - I tested it. Just need to test more if 2 collars give a multiplied effect. Hard to test in the battle, I tested that on the pillars of death - harmless and plenty of health to take smile.png.

edit: I meant protection collar, not cloak one.

leader bonus to enemy skill, how did you get 80% estimate? Is it 16% per each level above Average?

Bonus should be per each level of leader Enemy skill above the Enemy skill level of the allied soldier in range:

If leader Enemy skill is better than the soldier one, then the soldier use the Leader skill. If not, it does nothing.

Thank you, Eriss. I understand how leader bonus is supposed to work. The glossary description says that leader's enemy skill is used if a soldier's enemy skill is less than leader's one. I was just curious how he got 80% damage bonus, or rather in general how much more damage does 1 additional level of Enemy skill do?

Also, I calculated yesterday and I can confirm that with Damage Circlet psionic around, you deal 20% more damage.

• 1 month later...

I was just curious how he got 80% damage bonus, or rather in general how much more damage does 1 additional level of Enemy skill do?

If you look at a loaded weapon in the inventory screen, you can see the damage statistic. It will say xxx + yyy. That 'yyy' is the bonus from your enemy skill. Average enemy skill gives +0%, lower than average gives a penalty, Super Heroic give approximately +80% damage. For example, my super heroic leader's XMB does 280 + 224 dmg/rnd. A soldier with Very Good and an XMB deals only 280+74 dmg/rnd.

Sadly the leader bonus to improve the damage of nearby soldiers seems to not work at all. A soldier with Very Good enemy skill will still only deal 280+74 dmg/rnd with the Super Heroic leader around. Knowing this, I'm thinking prioritizing Enemy over actual Gunsmanship skills is a good idea.