seb76 UFO Extender Shortcuts

edmoonus

I recently downloaded seb76's UFOextender and have used it on both Windows 7 and Windows XP laptops. The loader works great except for the keyboard shortcuts. I have enabled both the Geoscape and Battlescape shortcuts in the config file (Apply =1). In Windows XP the Geoscape shortcuts work, but not the Battlescape. Neither work on my Windows 7 machine. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Tycho, I believe I am using UFOloader.zip version 1.30. However, I did not install the 'combo patch', 'voices patch', or the extended ini file. I used the .ini file that came with the UFO loader. I assumed the UFOloader.zip was standalone.

Don't use the Extended INI. It is based on an old version. Yes the loader is a standalone program, although some things like the bad alien voices or problems in the terrain files can't be fixed by the Extender. The latest build is 1.31.4. You can get it from the UFO Extender topic under the Modding section. Try that and see if the problems are still occuring.

If I update everything but patcher.dll, ver 1.31 files work in Win 7. If I update patcher, I get a 'failure to create D3D window' error. Everything works great in Xp.

There is a problem with the way the new code for the aspect ratio works (or doesn't). Try leaving the aspect ratio in the INI blank and see if will work with the default 16:10.