#1 Kendrick-SG

Kendrick-SG

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

Hi all, hardcore xcom gamers

like everyone here, i really enjoyed the xcom apocalypse game and i hope to share this game mod with u guys, alot of effort has been put into making this an improved version of the original game.

just copy and paste this 2 files....and your good to go
remember to save ur old files first

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

SOME of the changes made....

old game
ur units die in their un-damaged megapol armor

new game
ur units wont get injured until their armor durability goes down enough. Most of the time, the armor will disappear first, only then ur units start getting injured

old game
laser sniper rifle kills nobody and range is too short for a Sniper rifle

new game
laser sniper is seriously deadly, can range the WHOLE MAP if you have clear line of sight. will take more or less 1 whole turn to do a single aimed shot.

old game
alien scout comes first, then invasion by ground troops, then they start shooting up buildings

new game
Aliens start shooting up government buildings from day 1 to soften the humans, u will see alot of human corporations taking sides, either pro-alien or anti-alien, basically a human civil war will start

after the humans start fighting each other, the alien ground troops will move in. good luck trying to clear the aliens in pro-alien human traitors corporations.

security forces in anti-alien corporations will aid you if you clear aliens from their buildings

and finally the biggest change.....you CAN make a choice. pro alien or anti alien.  if u go pro-alien, then be prepared to fight the human world for ur alien masters !

of course the game ends once aliens take over the world, nothing i can do to change that piece of game coding

++++ a ton of other changes, to make the game much more fun.

btw...i need some help too...

for some reason my Apoc'd editor has stopped saving the changes i make...i have no idea why....1 day i took a break from editing,  and afew months later i came back, the editor just isnt saving any new changes i make

Ok really hope my mod will be used and looking forward to hearing feedback from the community and some help for the apoc'd editor too

#2 Kendrick-SG

Kendrick-SG

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

stuff i want to do

increase lawpistol range to same range as the machine gun
tweak the damage to be lower
more accurate

update the plasma gun to be a better version of the law pistol

#3 luke83

luke83

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

This sounds very interesting, i havt played apocalypse in years, i think i better give it a go soon

#4 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

Won't this change make armour more resistant to alien weapons? Meaning the devastator cannon will not be that devastating?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Kendrick-SG

Kendrick-SG

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

View Postluke83, on 29 September 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

This sounds very interesting, i havt played apocalypse in years, i think i better give it a go soon

i hope u'll give this mod a try Posted Image

View Postsilencer_pl, on 29 September 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Won't this change make armour more resistant to alien weapons? Meaning the devastator cannon will not be that devastating?

this is a good question

both megalpol armor and marsec armor have proper protection against human weapons but only tiny protection against alien weapons

X com armor is the only armor with proper protection against alien weapons

in game, you will notice marsec armor disappearing much faster then megapol armor in firefights, once their armor starts disappearing, troopers become vulnerable to dying.

agents without any armor will likely die in a grenade explosion

agents with marsec armor can survive afew grenandes before they start dying

agents with megapol armor can just stand in the middle of the explosions like a badass and keep on firing away

troopers with heavy armor and heavy weapons are like your heavy infantry, their damn tough, shoot up stuff like crazy, but can still die when their armor takes enough hits from lighter weapons or afew unlucky hits from enemy heavy weapons

but megapol armor is really heavy......troopers will move slowly and get tired easily....

#6 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

How do the changes affect real time play? The sniper rifle change might unbalance the real time battle system. Any testing there?

#7 Kendrick-SG

Kendrick-SG

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

i have no issues so far, the problem here is the computer AI ..... they dont really hide their snipers well........you will see their snipers at the front lines along with everyone else

some info on snipers

sniper rifle will easily 1 shot kill any unarmored agents

if ur having trouble with enemy snipers, the smoke grenade can (finally) be useful

some outdoor maps are great for sniping if u have marsec body armor and setup sniper points on building tops

indoor maps generally have too many stuff blocking to use the full range of the sniper rifle

#8 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

who ever heard of using sniper rifle indoors ;)

#9 Kendrick-SG

Kendrick-SG

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

is anyone having a fun time or not so fun time with this mod :x

#10 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Since no one is complaining I think this means yes :P

#11 Kendrick-SG

Kendrick-SG

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

LOL.......................i can only hope so............................

am working on the mod again....but limited time only on weekends....

#12 Kendrick-SG

Kendrick-SG

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

downloaded the steam version because my old files had some problems with pathfinding. this new version (not released) should be 100% ok

reworked the following

- research
afew new items

- manufacturing
afew new items and easier to manufacture

- organizations
divided into afew categories and gave them distinct level of troops. some organizations now have bigger vehicle fleets.

- vehicles
major changes here. the aim is to have every vehicle be useful and have its own 'role' . prices for vehicles have been adjusted
some examples of the changes

hoverbike has 2 small weapon slots and high evasion, but tiny hp, almost all weapons can 1 hit them
phoneix hovercar has good evasion, 3 weapon slots, low hp, comes with default missile weapons
valkyrie interceptor has low evasion, good hp, can fit heavier weapons then before
hawk airwarrior has almost no evasion, high hp, some armor, can fit the heaviest weapons

all xcom made vehicles come with low hp, but they have high evasion and space for shields and other equipment. also shields are easier to manufacture now

UFO missions

first X weeks, aliens will focus on softening up the government and whatever organizations that join the anti alien faction. this will be done with wave after wave of building attacks. the sky will light up with the fighting between human organizations and alien invaders

this is followed by a wave of alien troop drops, where the aliens try to take control of organizations and might even attack your base

another wave of heavy fire will rain down on the puny humans from bigger ships with bigger guns

...and so on...wont reveal the rest...but overspawn only comes much later and micronid rain has been disabled

UFOs
lots of changes made to ufo ships. they will NOT overpower the human ships ... at least i hope...lol...
only the alien troop ships + mothership and battleship have the ability to deposit aliens. so if u want to limit the fighting, just take out those ships and retreat.
if they do deposit aliens...expect a full battle ahead....
if battleship or mother ship ever deposit alien successfully, u should bring EVERYONE down to the fight, its gonna get nasty. Agents ARE going to die

i have tried to make alien missions lesser but more important

downed ufo will only have some crew manning the ship, the rest crash n died, so those are easy weapon runs

#13 andiika_1

andiika_1

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

I want to build a 50 Annihilators, but it seems there's a limitiations on how much I can build because it stuck at 100% but no new ship arrive.

Is it true ?

#14 Kendrick-SG

Kendrick-SG

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

yes.....there are limits to max number of ships

#15 andiika_1

andiika_1

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostKendrick-SG, on 07 October 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

yes.....there are limits to max number of ships

any chance to change to larger amount ?

#16 Kendrick-SG

Kendrick-SG

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

nope....none that i know of

#17 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

If I may ask - why do you want 50 annihilators :D

#18 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

I was afraid to ask, he he he!

#19 Kendrick-SG

Kendrick-SG

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

lol......

#20 andiika_1

andiika_1

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

View Postsilencer_pl, on 07 October 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

If I may ask - why do you want 50 annihilators Posted Image

View PostSpace Voyager, on 07 October 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

I was afraid to ask, he he he!

View PostKendrick-SG, on 08 October 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

lol......

yes It may sound silly, but I like this game and I want to push it to the limit.

My idea is to guard EVERY building with one annihilator, therefore i need much of it.

I've been doing some modification with megapol autocanon which consist of 999 bullet.

see image here

Posted Image

but I don't have any clue to build much annihators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users