Editing UFO stats

Echelon117

Hi guys,

I'm running into a lot of obstacles in trying to edit the stats of the UFO's in order to make them tougher to shoot down. Stats such as their damage capacity and how much damage their weapons does, the firing intervals, the range etc..

So far this is my problem: Been using UFO Golden Hack which offers excellent editing options on nearly everything within the game.

The changes save no problem, but the editor seems to have a bug where once I press save it changes all the Alien stats to that of the hover-tank and are then stuck.

I've also found Jennifer Stein's X-Com editor which offers the same UFO stat changes but nothing saves and just simply doesn't work for me.

Basically all I want to do is alter the UFO stats.. Can anyone please help?

Yes, but for now I prefer the normal Collectors Edition modded. OpenXcom's interception is extremely choppy and slow, as a a few other small features, I think these will eventually be fixed but until then I won't use it.

Luke, do you have any idea on another solution for my above problem?

So far this is my problem: Been using UFO Golden Hack which offers excellent editing options on nearly everything within the game.

The changes save no problem, but the editor seems to have a bug where once I press save it changes all the Alien stats to that of the hover-tank and are then stuck.

I've also found Jennifer Stein's X-Com editor which offers the same UFO stat changes but nothing saves and just simply doesn't work for me.

Basically all I want to do is alter the UFO stats.. Can anyone please help?

It sounds like the UFO Golden Hack editor is overwriting the exe dataset with it's own - best not to use it. Do you have a link to the Golden Hack editor? My search-fu isn't working today. :( I believed I looked at this editor for the author a while back, but I can't remember if he finished it. Obviously something is wrong with it.

Can you manually edit the exe yourself to change the ufo data? That might be your best bet if these editors do not work. Check out my Executable Mod Sheet for the offsets. yes.gif

- Zombie

It sounds like the UFO Golden Hack editor is overwriting the exe dataset with it's own - best not to use it. Do you have a link to the Golden Hack editor? My search-fu isn't working today. sad.png I believed I looked at this editor for the author a while back, but I can't remember if he finished it. Obviously something is wrong with it.

Can you manually edit the exe yourself to change the ufo data? That might be your best bet if these editors do not work. Check out my Executable Mod Sheet for the offsets. yes.gif

- Zombie

Yeah it's an annoyance, especially since Golden hack looks to have so much promise as an extensive editing tool, offering so many ways to alter stats of almost everything.

I have actually managed to to alter the UFO stats with Golden hack and went meticulously through the exe and changed all the alien stats back to default with the help from Tyco.

If anyone happens to be interested to trying my harder UFO mod let me know. It's not really for the faint of heart, you WILL lose interceptors even engaging the small variety. Even the very small scout can now fire it's weapon