Editing UFO stats


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Echelon117

Echelon117

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

Hi guys,

I'm running into a lot of obstacles in trying to edit the stats of the UFO's in order to make them tougher to shoot down. Stats such as their damage capacity and how much damage their weapons does, the firing intervals, the range etc..

So far this is my problem: Been using UFO Golden Hack which offers excellent editing options on nearly everything within the game.
The changes save no problem, but the editor seems to have a bug where once I press save it changes all the Alien stats to that of the hover-tank and are then stuck.

I've also found Jennifer Stein's X-Com editor which offers the same UFO stat changes but nothing saves and just simply doesn't work for me.

Basically all I want to do is alter the UFO stats.. Can anyone please help?

#2 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

Have you tried Openxcom instead?

#3 Echelon117

Echelon117

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Yes, but for now I prefer the normal Collectors Edition modded. OpenXcom's interception is extremely choppy and slow, as a a few other small features, I think these will eventually be fixed but until then I won't use it.

Luke, do you have any idea on another solution for my above problem?

#4 luke83

luke83

    Sergeant

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

Sorry mate, before OXC i never modded any game and used and editors.

#5 Zombie

Zombie

    Mr. Grognard of X-COM

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wisconsin, USA

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostEchelon117, on 20 September 2013 - 06:37 AM, said:

So far this is my problem: Been using UFO Golden Hack which offers excellent editing options on nearly everything within the game.
The changes save no problem, but the editor seems to have a bug where once I press save it changes all the Alien stats to that of the hover-tank and are then stuck.

I've also found Jennifer Stein's X-Com editor which offers the same UFO stat changes but nothing saves and just simply doesn't work for me.

Basically all I want to do is alter the UFO stats.. Can anyone please help?

It sounds like the UFO Golden Hack editor is overwriting the exe dataset with it's own - best not to use it. Do you have a link to the Golden Hack editor? My search-fu isn't working today. :( I believed I looked at this editor for the author a while back, but I can't remember if he finished it. Obviously something is wrong with it.

Can you manually edit the exe yourself to change the ufo data? That might be your best bet if these editors do not work. Check out my Executable Mod Sheet for the offsets. Posted Image

- Zombie

My X-COM Patch Kit For UFO Defense | Emergency XCOM Meeting spoof on YouTube




JellyfishGreen said:

Zombie: Empirical data's your only man, when formulating a research plan.
A soldier's death is never in vain if it makes the formula more plain.
A few dozen make a better case for refining that third decimal place.
They call me Zombie because I don't sleep, as I slowly struggle to climb this heap,
of corpses, data points, and trials, but from the top - I'll see for miles!

#6 AMX

AMX

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostZombie, on 23 September 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

Do you have a link to the Golden Hack editor? My search-fu isn't working today. Posted Image

As luck would have it, Echelon bumped the GoldenHack thread already Posted Image
http://www.strategyc...-ufogoldenhack/
First post has a link to the download page:
http://www.scorpy.net/ufo/

#7 Echelon117

Echelon117

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostZombie, on 23 September 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

It sounds like the UFO Golden Hack editor is overwriting the exe dataset with it's own - best not to use it. Do you have a link to the Golden Hack editor? My search-fu isn't working today. Posted Image I believed I looked at this editor for the author a while back, but I can't remember if he finished it. Obviously something is wrong with it.

Can you manually edit the exe yourself to change the ufo data? That might be your best bet if these editors do not work. Check out my Executable Mod Sheet for the offsets. Posted Image

- Zombie

Yeah it's an annoyance, especially since Golden hack looks to have so much promise as an extensive editing tool, offering so many ways to alter stats of almost everything.
I have actually managed to to alter the UFO stats with Golden hack and went meticulously through the exe and changed all the alien stats back to default with the help from Tyco.

If anyone happens to be interested to trying my harder UFO mod let me know. It's not really for the faint of heart, you WILL lose interceptors even engaging the small variety. Even the very small scout can now fire it's weapon




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users