Playing through again - how to increase difficulty?

NoxNoctum

I've played S1 through about 4 times and Sentinels once, I'm reinstalling it now yet again having bought it from GoG (thank goodness GOG got it, game was impossible to find anymore), just wondering what are ways to increase difficulty? I was thinking maybe playing no reloads -- i.e. if a soldier dies that's it, but maybe that's too hard? (since luck plays a significant role)

Ah that looks great thanks. Is there a way to change the always able to save thing though? I'd rather not have that. I tried looking into the file but it wasn't something that looked easy to edit (at least not in an obvious way).

Hmmm, not that I know of. Is it a big deal though? You could always just ignore it and play ironman. Personally I like the option to save as I don't always have enough time to finish a mission. ;)

- Zombie

Yes good point wink.png

I was looking around some more and saw the die hard mod which looks interesting. I'm having trouble finding any information on it anywhere though. Has anyone played through the game with it? What all does it change?

Also are most mods compatible with each other or not? Like the no pk mod for instance with this difficulty mod.

I was looking around some more and saw the die hard mod which looks interesting. I'm having trouble finding any information on it anywhere though. Has anyone played through the game with it? What all does it change?

There's a readme in the v1.52 download but it appears to be corrupted, so I'm not sure what was changed.dntknw.gif

Also are most mods compatible with each other or not? Like the no pk mod for instance with this difficulty mod.

Mods should be compatible with each other assuming that they do not change the same data. If there is overlap, you may not have the right values but the game should still run. The Difficulty Level Changes mod and the no PK should be fine together as there isn't overlap. wink.png

- Zombie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Sincerely recommend the DieHard 1.52 mod. I played the game on hard without the mod and it was pretty easy. The AI isn't normally very aggressive...the Diehard mod changes all that by actually making the enemy go out on the offensive. They throw a ton of grenades too, coordinate attacks, and its generally just more challenging/fun. Pair that up with the easier Medic/Engineering mod and the Ammofix mod and your good to go.