Modern warfare with all its technicalities scaring you away? Your staff & tactical AI sweat the details so you don't have to. Aircraft position themselves to deliver their warloads optimally; Ships and subs maneuver on their own to reach out and touch the enemy (including winding their way around islands, landmasses and even known mines) – and everyone tries very hard to save his skin when bullets are flying. Manage the big decisions and let your virtual crews get to the details – and still intervene whenever you want.
Relive the brutal air struggle between Iran and Iraq. Wrestle the Falklands under your control. Hunt down rogue nukes in Pakistan. Go "Down Town" around Hanoi and spar with the deadly NV air defences. Lead nuclear-powered sharks of steel against the masters of antisubmarine ops. Trade volleys of fire in close-quarters gun duels, or obliterate the enemy with sophisticated, heavy-hitting hypersonic missiles from hundreds or thousands of miles away. Escort vital convoys to their destination, or make a last stand against all odds. When things escalate out of control, step up to unconventional or even nuclear weapons. Play the most dangerous game of hide and seek – at sea, on land and in the air. Command is the next generation of air/naval wargaming.
The operating features:
• Powerful, intuitive 3D-globe (Google Earth-style) user interface with multiple map layers
• Aircraft, surface ships, submarines, land units, strategic & space forces are at your disposal
• Extensive, detailed simulation databases modeling faithfully the capabilities & limitations of each asset
• Plenty of scenarios covering multiple historic and hypothetical conflicts, plus an integrated scenario editor
• Tremendous flexibility of scale: From counter-piracy skirmishes to strategic nuclear war
• Detailed modeling of air (including near-space) and naval operations, both surface and underwater, supported by high-quality physics, sensor/EW, terrain and weather, weapon and damage models
• Good modeling of land-based forces (relevant to air/naval/space operations)
• Mine and mine-countermeasure operations
• Nuclear operations (possibly other special-weapon categories)
• Recorder & replay ability
Access to a more extensive brief is available at the developer's official site here.
We are invited to 'join the future' come the 24th of September.