Is there any reason UFOs have stopped spawning/entering the City?

ChrisBenn

So I've nearly finished the game, and I just want to wrap up by finishing off all of the research in the game. I've just captured the Queenspawn, so the Organic Factory (which is supposed to slow down/stop UFOs) is the next building I am to assault. However, UFOs have stopped spawning in the Alien Dimension altogether, and thus never attack the city. I still need to get the Teleporter (which I assume comes from UFOs) and the Overspawn research projects. Have I screwed this up and left it too late, or am I supposed to be getting UFOs still and encountering a bug?

Any help would be appreciated.

Remember that UFO's spawn every week - so If you've cleared their dimension you should wait till next week. The catch is since you're demolished half their world, they will not mass spawn them. Maybe 1 mothership and few battleships. So I guess chances are you will need to wait till they create more UFO's and probably let them devastate some Mega Primus (and maybe get the overspawn). Just remember you can't capture live one - no matter what. And by teleporter you mean the ship version or the troop version? Cause one goes from the UFO's the other you obtain in the field mission. And those come in week 6-8 - depends on difficulty I think.

I'm in week 13 on my current save, I've been waiting for many weeks on ultra fast all the way up to week 20. No ship spawns anywhere. I didn't even know there were 2 teleporters! I don't understand why I'm getting no ship spawns, then. I've also noticed that my weekly funding is not being increased anymore, either. It's just staying at 580K~ every time the week rolls over.

Is there any way I can use a Hexeditor to make the game spawn UFOs again? I don't want to just cheat and add the research in, but I really don't feel like playing through the entire game again, capturing everything and researching everything again because a bug screwed me over.

It's building 6, the Control Chamber that stops UFOs from respawning. Overspawns, as said, can't be captured alive normally.

The personal teleporter is unlocked by score around 42000 on beginner, 28000 on superhuman. They can be captured in battle so there's no chance to miss them unless you blaze through the game on a minimal score. Just go on blitzes into the alien dimension and kill aliens in the next building, scoop up their equipment, leave the mission objective intact, and run away. Or go on massive raids on one of your enemies. Lather rinse and repeat .

I'm not sure when the vehicle teleporter is unlocked, but it's a lot earlier than the personal teleporter.

NKF

Ah damn it, I've got no saves from before I destroyed the control chamber. I'm guessing it also stops them from getting new equipment, too, as I haven't come across personal teleporters in any of the battles after destroying it, despite a score of over 70K. I really wish I knew that I could screw myself over so easily.

Thanks for the info!

I quickly grabbed that bit of info off the Ufopaedia wiki, so don't take my word on that. My memory is a bit conflicted with that bit of information and the numbers feel far too low, because the personal teleporter is the very last piece of technology that you can unlock in the game, and from memory of playing many Superhuman games, it certainly doesn't appear that quickly.

- NKF

Ah okay, well I just turned it in and beat the game. Shame I didn't get to see everything though.

Oh, one other weird thing, the cinematics in the game are not working for me at all. Both the Game Over and Ending cinematics will not play - it just goes straight back to the menu screen after the "X-Com Defeated" and "Aliens Defeated" screens. The opening cinematic plays fine, but neither of these will work for me. I've got the Steam version and I've tried verifying my cache, but no luck. Any ideas on how to solve this? TftD's cinematics worked fine, and (I'm assuming) UFO Defense didn't have any, so I've no idea what to do.