Thorondor

Although it's not a sale per say, steam does have it for $26.99 as opposed to $29.99....ahem so yah. I personally can't wait for it's midnight release! If anyone wants to add me to their friends and family account on steam who can't afford it yet, or whatever let me know and I'll add you (meaning you can borrow my copy of the game).

-NoX

Hello All,

I just wanted to let ya know what's going on with XCOM Enemy Within. I've played for roughly 6 hours and plan on playing more after work. So what's going on with it.......

>X< POTENTIAL SPOILERS >X<>X< POTENTIAL SPOILERS >X<>X< POTENTIAL SPOILERS >X<>X< POTENTIAL SPOILERS >X<

>X< POTENTIAL SPOILERS >X<>X< POTENTIAL SPOILERS >X<>X< POTENTIAL SPOILERS >X<>X< POTENTIAL SPOILERS >X<

I said screw the conventional, so I went with the MEC and the Gene-Teens Lab (The say you can't do both sides effectively? Let's see about that!)

They did add different voices in their natural countries which is a plus except........ If you are from the UK, Ireland, Scotland, AussieLand, tough shit, the default voices are american english accents. The voice acting is not of studio quality either, the voices sound muffled and distorted. Almost as if they had people call in from different countries and do an over the phone recording.

They added Medals that contain a variety of perks and bonuses (some based on your status) which help your soldiers combat prowess. You can award the same soldier with different medals that you can name yourself!

The Meld you have to collect is in almost every new and old maps. In fact the only missions where there haven't been any Meld is in the storyline based missions and the special counsel missions. Although I'm playing the game on classic, I've got a ton of the yellow sticky goo.

I created a MEC first...It was a Heavy German Female, (haha) cut off her limbs and stuck on the MEC gear. She has a flame-thrower, and can be made to be a full coverage blockade which a normal soldier can use to hide behind. Although the MEC can't move in this mode, it can shoot.....woe to ye who enters the path of the flame-thrower!

There's a lot of new maps that add more variety to the several in the first game. Many of the older maps have been retouched in order to incorporate the new, "Find the Meld" like missions. The Maps retain the same size just about, but some of the maps are really cool and I wish they had made a user friendly map editor. :(

I haven't had a chance to play against EXALT just yet, but I will let you know more in the next couple of days.

-NoX

Update # 2.

If you liked this game before, you'll REALLY like it now.

I wanted to update you all with new pics and such, I decided not too. I just thought I'd write it out instead of using; pics, movies, clips, reviews, comics, lunchboxes?

Anyway, many new additions have been added indeed! ( Too bad you won't see it here, instead stay and read my

Suggestions! .... )

#10. Have a sniper follow a Flame-Mec. (Sniper with a shoot again after you move perk)

#09. Meld is plentiful, I suggest using only 2-3 soldiers for testing, (1 Mec, 2 Gene-Teen!)

#08. They upped the ante on spreading your soldiers too far apart.

#07.Satellites are the key to winning this game, and the last.

T.B.C.

-NoX

Update # 3.

First of all, if you're hard up for money and can't afford this game, (which is worth it) why not demo it? I demo-'d it too death (original) before I bought it. So basically what I'm saying is this game is better than the original, there I said it. Although there's a few of us that would had have liked a Terror From the Deep-esque DLC.

We did, sorta. You'll understand once you play it.

Wooohooo play the St. Johns mission, there's a direct reference to TFTD, although it's a mission that you will love or hate. (My guess is hate, ahaha)

I read several views on XCEU2012 that don't sit well with me. An example was that they "dumbed down the AI" ok, let me as you this... If you think the AI was better before 2012/2013, than you're smoking some righteous crack rock. AI at that time had 3 difficulties (which by the way the gallop brothers fucked up on) Pussy, Smart, (and my personal favourite) O.C.D.

So in a nutshell,

If you really liked EU2012, you will like EW2013. If you want to wait around and buy it on sale, good luck asshole. If this Expansion Pack's (and it is a EP) price is lower than $25.00 during any time between now 'n Christmas, then just don't bother playing it. By then you've already proven to be a bitch.

I said all that I had to say,

-NoX

https://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/11/XComEW-2013-11-13-11-45-00-82-copy.jpg

I love XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I love the base-building metagame, I love the tactical combat, and I love the permadeath. The Enemy Within expansion adds good stuff to all of that. My biggest criticism, however—and the reason it took me forever to play the original Enemy Unknown campaign to completion—is that the number of surprises drops off steeply after the first ten or so missions. Once all the aliens are introduced, the most common kill-all-aliens missions become routine exercises.

::

PC Gamer's Tyle Wilde reviews XCOM: EW.

https://zebcsn6jzu67wxhm.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/chryssalid_1.gif

The new XCOM Enemy Within expansion pack adds a raft of new features to the game, but it also gives us the Chryssalids we deserve. The AI for Chryssalids has been tweaked rather dramatically and now the monsters do a lot more lurking in the shadows and a lot less frontal assaulting.

Red Door Blue Key's Owen Faraday observes how well a certain creature has been hatched anew in XCOM: EW.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

https://downloads.2kgames.com/xcom/sites/enemywithin/img/logo-main.png

Polygon's Brian Crecente spent some time with the upcoming mobile version of XCOM: Enemy Within, recording his exploits in the video found here showcasing the game on the iPhone 6 Plus.

The game is to come out for mobiles on Thursday.

• 3 weeks later...