investigating a sighting at your own base

Pruimpje

No, in effect, you're investigating the 'legitimate front' of your operation. If it's a slum block, then these are your tenents, if it's a warehouse or the Superhuman map's recyclotorium, then the people you see running about are the employees, etc.

Where's the income from your legitimate front? I suppose that's collected by the govt. and included in your salary. What you get is probably a pittance, since most of the income may have to be reinvested in the business to keep it up and running.

No, this is probably not the official explanation, but it seems reasonable enough to me.

The best part is that if you own the property you can blow the whole map to bits and not anger anyone!

- NKF

Personally, I don't think the front would be anything to do with XCom. More likely XCom would simply buy the basement levels of the building from the government and build a base there. The top-secret status of XCom is long gone in Apocalypse, everyone knows exactly what's happening! Therefore it's probably likely that whoever rents the slums does so from the government and the workers serve the council too.

Any thoughts on how the 'X-Com' owned recyclotorium fits in to all this? (ignoring the fact that the game's incomplete)

For those who don't know what I'm talking about - there's a 'recylotorium' on the superhuman map that's owned by X-Com. It's next door to one of the govt. warehouses you can purchase.

- NKF

And so the reason you can't build there is...?

You can build there you wally :blink: the sub levels... The underground levels, the basement levels, the levels underneath the levels on top of them... That's where your base is and that's why you can only build in certain places, your base is in the buildings foundations!

I've never played superhuman. Who owns the recyclotorium? And can you actually purchase the warehouse it's next to? If not then maybe the programmers just selected the wrong building :) If so who knows!

I am still working on my first game of Apocalypse. I'm playing at medium difficulty level and the seven sitess where I can build bases are all slums or warehouses owned by the government. Even after I purchase a site and build my base, the property still belongs to the government and can attract alien infestation separately from an attack on my base. Like Veteran, I think of my base as occupying the basement/cellar/foundations of the building above.

The Recyclotorium belongs to Evonet and I get the impression that there is something special about building a base there. I'll find out in due course, no doubt.

Yup, later in the game you find out that the aliens are infesting MegaPrimus through its sewers and find out that the smell is made by Megaspawn droppings left after they trash the city around. And eureka! After a sucessful alien base mission below Evonet's corporate HQs your scientists are able to research the anti-alien gas. You have mentioned its right color, which is green, but since it affects also the game players they see it in the game as pink.

And the straight answer is: Nope! :blink:

You haven't played Superhuman, Vet? https://www.angelfire.com/games3/jeffy90/images/smilies/blink.gif

"Veteran"... Heh... figures... https://www.angelfire.com/games3/jeffy90/images/smilies/sarcastic.gif

There's a recyclotron which belongs to you. It's got your name on it. You can't build anything on or below it. It probably is only there so that if it takes damage, you have to pay the repair bill (about $10000 per day untill fixed, or something).

The more building you have to get damaged, the harder things are. I'm guessing that's the intention.

You have to pay to get your buildings fixed? Nah, they get fixed anyway. One of the many wonders of the mega city (apart from the free parking - oh yes, the 100% free city-wide parking all X-Com staff get!).

The only real advantage of the X-Com recylotorium is that is serves as a decoy for when the aliens attack the city and decides to shoot at one of your buildings. It's also under your protection so that if any aliens 'infiltrate' it, nothing happens - though you can still choose to investigate.

X-Com may own the entire building, but they don't necessarily own, or have to deal with the businesses or tenants that are currently making use of the facilities - the government continues to do that (one of their many income sources - they have to make money to pay you with anyway).

Hah, X-Com as landlords. It's not that hard to imagine, since X-Com is truly a multifaceted organisation. It's not just all about soldiers fighting aliens. :blink:

- NKF

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i beleive this topic has been mentioned multiple times (once by me). hey, who knows. maybe it was a glitch, maybe the developers though it would make good conversation as it is doing now (like their names on the tombstones in the slums). who knows? btw, you can investigate your slum base in superhuman as well. or atleast it's happened to me. you know, the one which has the car bays on top. actuall, now i think of it, you can investigate your own "base" with out actually going into your base on any difficalty.