Potential lobstermen change ideas

It seems that lobstermen are just universally HATED because of their insane resistences, stats, and tendency to huck grenades at clusters of troopers trying to bring the necessary firepower to bear to take them down.

However, through the magic of a program called xcomed.exe, I've figured out how to change resistences, armor levels, weapon damages (and introduce fire modes to the weapons that previously lacked it. Burst fire sonic cannons anyone? :) ), and so on. I've been dabbling with the toughness of Lobstermen, but can't seem to get it quite right.

The way they were before, they gave me a migraine everytime I saw them on one of those god awful base attacks with Bio-drones backing them up (Insert "oh god why" face here). Several troopers could empty their entire clip and stocks of TU's into a lobsterman and it'd still be coming after them.

I've recently modified them so they have stats similar to a Muton. 100% damage income to all things except for a 40% reduction to AP. Melee damage modifiers are still in place, and I'm thinking now that I made them a little too vulnerable, seeing as how a well-placed sonic cannon blast can one-shot them.

So, I ask you, internet, what would need to occur to lobstermen to keep them a challenging foe, but not the nightmarish overpowered monstrousities that stock TFTD brought us. Am toying with two ideas of my own right now. The first is to reduce lobstermen resistences so they have no more than a 30% damage reduction from ANY outside source. Second idea is to modify their armor stats so each one would be wearing the equal of Magnetic Ion Armor.

I've probably become too accustomed to them that I know they're easily served up with a few good Sonic weapon blasts or stunned (and promptly grenaded/GCHE'd) into submission.

I'd probably keep them mostly as they are, but adjust AP, HE and Gauss damage a little so that they're not too invulnerable against them. Perhaps make them match Sonic and set them all to 50%? In fact, maybe make AP 60% ~ 70% so that it lives up to its name.

- NKF