TFTD animated ending taken off Youtube?

It used to be up there, but trying to follow the link I had gives "this video does not exist". I can't find any other videos showing the full, animated ending, and the version I had which had the animations won't work on my current PC setup. sad.png

Anyone managed to find it or care to re-upload?

EDIT: Or, if that's considered copyright infringement, does anyone know what sort of program could open the file OUTRO.VID?

• 4 weeks later...

You could try uploading the file to YT directly, it has a huge number of codecs and there is a good chance it will recognize the file even though you can't open it. If YT won't even find the file, change the extension to avi (make a copy first) or other common video extension and try uploading.

We can fiddle with recoding the file later, if YT fails.

• 2 weeks later...

You could try uploading the file to YT directly, it has a huge number of codecs and there is a good chance it will recognize the file even though you can't open it. If YT won't even find the file, change the extension to avi (make a copy first) or other common video extension and try uploading.

We can fiddle with recoding the file later, if YT fails.

I did that, lol.

Here.

Strange lag artifacts appeared, as you can see. :(

magic9mushroom, do you mean the game launches the slideshow intro instead, or the movie is skipped entirely?

- NKF

Collector's Edition won't launch at all.

DOS version launches slideshow.

Collector's Edition won't launch at all.

DOS version launches slideshow.

Are you running the Steam version with the combined CE and Dos executables? If you are, try this: open up a text editor of any sort and save a blank file with the name cdspeed.dat in the game's SOUND\ directory. Then try and launch your dos game again. That should theoretically set up the dos version to run the cinematics.

If your Dos and CE versions are separate, and the dos version doesn't have the animations, copy the Anims\ folder from CE to the dos copy.

The other option is probably to look for one of the many TFTD Let's Play series on Youtube and find one that has the outro. Unfortunately most of the Let's Players will likely speak over the outro.

- NKF